Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Life as a nursing student
MiamiE 08:07 AM 01-15-2011
My wife was telling me theres still a great shortage in nurses here in Florida. Problem is the hospital's dont have any money to hire! I would do my RN and go straight into ARNP school. If you can land an ICU job anywhere whether it be in adult or pediatrics, do it for a year and head into CRNA school to make some BIG BUCKS.
[Reply]
pennjones 12:24 PM 01-15-2011
Good luck with your decision. Nursing is a great career. I graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing in 2007 with my BSN. It was expensive and I have a lot of school loan debt now, but it was worth it. It is hard working full time and going to school, but I did it and so did many others, so you can too. I work at Sarasota Memorial Hospital 3 nights a week, and have 4 days a week off, so the hours are great. And I just got a "seasonal" travel position working 2 days a week at Venice Regional Hospital. It sucks that I'll soon be working 60 hours a week for the next 4 months, but I'm going to make a LOT of extra money doing so.

The options are endless, and don't believe the hype that you can't get a job. You may not get what field you want right away unless you are prepared to relocate, but you will get a position somewhere. Again, good luck!
[Reply]
justonemorestick 04:42 PM 01-15-2011
Good luck and thanks for helping to fill the shortage.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up