Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Favre's Streak Ends at 297
shilala 11:39 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Love him or hate him, he is a HOF quarterback who just held on a little too long.
Tom, Brett had a 12-4 record, 38 touchdowns against 7 interceptions and an OT loss in the NFC Championship Game against the unstoppable Saints last year. At what, 40 or 41 years old?
Regardless of age, injuries, of whatever, I don't care who you are, with that kind of numbers you simply have to come back the next year. There's the chance to make 300 straight games. And then there's the 26 million dollars the Vikes gave him to carry his ass back out there. :-)
Now if he comes back next year, I agree, he's held on a little too long. The poor old boy is shot. It's gonna take him ten years of doctor appointments just to get out of his chair. But so far as this year goes, I think it's a no-brainer. I don't think he held on too long at all, I'd say you gotta play till you can't play anymore. Anymore is here for Brett.

I don't see him putting on a jersey from here on out. I hope he stays on the sidelines and works with Tavaris Jackson. That kid has heart, but he definately needs some help. Brett can get him headed in the right direction.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:25 PM 12-14-2010
Can't disagree with your logic Scott....just a shame to watch this season, kind of like watching Ali fight Larry Holmes.
[Reply]
Starscream 06:08 PM 12-14-2010
Great article on him in last week's Sports Illustrated.
[Reply]
macpappy 03:15 PM 12-15-2010
The 297 is just for regular season starts. His actual streak for regular and post season games is somewhere around 317. Don't know why they separate it.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:25 PM 12-15-2010
Why, his camera wouldn't point down for the 298th pic?

Oooohh........

Starts..

Yeah, great record. Hall of fame no doubt. Like a Teacher of the Year 20 years consecutively then retiring after he decides to start hitting on his high school students.
Not a perfect analogy, but close enough for me. :-)
[Reply]
96Brigadier 12:32 PM 12-19-2010
Great accomplishment, but he should have packed it in at the end of last year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up