Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Revisit
Squiggy 06:11 PM 02-06-2009
I agree with several of you in that it's a nice line of smokes, but not a regular smoke due to price. Looked at some Short Stories today, which have mostly been good to me, but decided on cheaper alternatives.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 07:04 PM 02-06-2009
This was an amazing smoke in the 90s. The taste was amazing. I didn't smoke one for almost 15 years and when I finally tried one, I was very disappointed. It was crap.

I would bet that they took the great tobacco that they used to use and are now using it on the opus X etc.. I smoked an Oliva O that reminded me of the old Hemmingway flavor.
[Reply]
shilala 07:30 PM 02-06-2009
Hemingways are all mild, subdued "beginner" cigars, or at least that's my feeling on them.
I love them, for what they are.
They've got everything a good cigar should have, at a power score of about a 1. They're beautiful, gorgeously constructed, have a full body and a pleasant flavor, draw well, give up lots of smoke, and stay consistant throughout.
You want a sucky Fuente? Try a curly head. :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:54 AM 02-07-2009
I like em - glad I could contribute something constructive.....very rare for me...:-)
[Reply]
jpan 07:21 AM 02-07-2009
These remarks are interesting. You read so much about the Hemingway series, especially the short story. Over the last year I have smoked quite a few of them and never have been "wowed". I have finally given up. I quite often smoke smaller cigars in the winter, but everytime I go to the humidor, I now pass over the remaining Hemingways.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:52 AM 02-08-2009
I enjoy the short stories every now and then. They are a nice change of pace.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
DrDubzz 02:59 PM 02-08-2009
I enjoy hemis, but it has been a while since I've had one.

I should revisit them soon.
[Reply]
barbourjay 03:10 PM 02-08-2009
i prefer the hemi maduros and the sungrowns over the regular cammie's.

if you look in the right places short stories can be had for 4$ each. to me that is a good value.
[Reply]
JJG 08:28 PM 02-08-2009
I got one of these in trade along with a couple opus x, and an anejo. It wasn't terrible but of all the Fuentes I've tried, this was my least favorite. It just didn't do anything for me. I had high expectations and I thought it was a really pretty figurado but the flavor just wasn't there. The Anejo was great. Every Opus I've had has been really great and I love the Casa Fuente cigars, too bad they're all impossible to find

I don't know, Fuente frustrates me. They have some decent blends but they're way overpriced. Otherwise, I'd smoke them all the time. Someone needs to tell them this isn't the 90's anymore. There's no reason to drive all over town and pay $15-20 for an Opus X when I can pick up any number of cigars that are just as good or better at half the price.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up