Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>you think I got a bad stick? oliva serie V
yourchoice 09:34 PM 01-23-2010
Definitely try another one, but it may just be a stick you don't care for. I personally am not a fan of the line, I don't care for how they taste. And I tried several.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dubs chops 10:28 PM 01-23-2010
Originally Posted by Ty Atkinson:
Never really heard much bad about the V line, really harsh review to call it a dog rocket however.
LOL I didn't mean they all were. just seems I got a dud. I will give the line another shot for sure, too many good reviews not to.
[Reply]
quantim0 07:35 AM 01-24-2010
I've had one good V and at least 3 bad ones. I've had more bad Vs then all other cigars combined. I don't know what it is with them and me, since no one else seems to have problems frequently.

For now I just stick with the Nub Habano since it's the same blend and I've only had good ones.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 07:42 AM 01-24-2010
My vote is bad stick and probably over humidified. I have really enjoyed all of the Vs I had tried. The lancero and V maddie are very good IMO.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 07:46 AM 01-24-2010
I try to never make a final decision on a smoke until the 3rd try.

I didn't buy into the Oliva V until smoking the Lancero. It was an awesome smoke. Very flavorful and consistant all the way through. It is however the only size that didn't fizzle out on me with flavor.
[Reply]
shvictor 09:06 AM 01-24-2010
I've never had a bad one
[Reply]
neoflex 10:07 AM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by shvictor:
I've never had a bad one
:-) Not many bad Olivas that I have ever (except one cough Nub cough cough Nub :-)) but the V is one of my favorite smokes. I would do what others suggested and give it another shot but maybe let it sit in your humidor for a week or two before smoking it. Could have been a fluke but your B&M may also be keeping things to wet. I know of one B&M around here that I know never to smoke anything right out of their walk-in unless I want to deal with some burn issues.
[Reply]
longknocker 10:47 AM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
:-) Not many bad Olivas that I have ever (except one cough Nub cough cough Nub :-)) but the V is one of my favorite smokes. I would do what others suggested and give it another shot but maybe let it sit in your humidor for a week or two before smoking it. Could have been a fluke but your B&M may also be keeping things to wet. I know of one B&M around here that I know never to smoke anything right out of their walk-in unless I want to deal with some burn issues.
I Never Smoke ANY Cigar Until It's Been In My Humi @ 65RH For At LEAST 2 Weeks.:-) I Love The "V" Line & Never Had A Problem With Them.
[Reply]
Robert Mabona 11:03 AM 01-24-2010
i don't like any oliva cigars except for the v maddies, which are fantastic.
[Reply]
ZJB 11:39 AM 01-24-2010
I enjoy the V line from Oliva especially the maddy. Sound like it may have been a little wet or just a dud. I've had CCs that I've chucked because of burn issues along with many other smokes I usually enjoy. My draw poker has saved many cigars as well if you save a couple sticks it pays for itself.
[Reply]
rhmalone 11:56 AM 01-24-2010
My guess is you simply got a bad stick, but like others have said don't cross the V line off your list for good. The fact of the matter is you really don't know what they taste like yet and personally I love the taste.

While this may be frowned on by some, it works for me... If I ever get a stick with a tight draw I will gently bite down on the head of the cigar. I do this, because I used to recut but always seemed to jack up the cigar by doing that. A soft bite can do wonders to open up a tight stick.

Give it another go and let us know how it works out.
[Reply]
dubs chops 12:20 PM 01-24-2010
when you guys are saying maddie's are you talking about the V maduro or is it the name for one of their size's?
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 12:31 PM 01-24-2010
The limited release V Maduro.
[Reply]
dubs chops 01:11 PM 01-24-2010
OK, THanks. That is what I thought. They didn't have those at the B&M. is it the same blend with a Maduro wrap?
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:32 PM 01-24-2010
As others have said... It could have been the cut, the draw issue could be corrected with another cut or draw tools!

Maybe you should try a different vitola. The Oliva V Lanceros seem to be a favorite with most people.

Personally, I have had each and every size of the V and I think their great!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up