Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
General Discussion>iPhone 4 Sucks!
Don Fernando 11:22 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
:-)

No insurance that is worthwhile here.
Best I found is costly and then has a high deductible. Not worth it.
It's cheap here (10 euro a month), and for the first year even for free as a loyalty deal from my provider.
[Reply]
shilala 12:42 PM 09-14-2010
Carlos, I sold one of the iPhones I took swimming in Key Largo for like $350 on ebay. I even explained it was in the salt water.
The other one I had to return to square trade, they gave me $350 for the other salt watered one.
I didn't get anything for the camera that went in with me. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:39 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by shilala:
Carlos, I sold one of the iPhones I took swimming in Key Largo for like $350 on ebay. I even explained it was in the salt water.
The other one I had to return to square trade, they gave me $350 for the other salt watered one.
I didn't get anything for the camera that went in with me. :-)
Are you serious? $350?
I forgot about your escapade here in Florida and also taking phones for a swim.
I may list it on Ebay and see what I get for it if someone is looking for "salty" parts.
[Reply]
MiamiE 02:12 PM 09-14-2010
Carlos I hope you didn't dump your phone! I will buy it.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:51 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Carlos I hope you didn't dump your phone! I will buy it.
I am bewildered.
Scott sells his for $350 and you post this?
You can buy a perfectly brand new working one for $599.
Why on Earth would anyone pay Scott $350?
What am I missing?
Can you make Meth out of it or something?:-)
Can we somehow turn it into Habanos?:-)
I am going to shoot some photos and list it on Ebay later.
Darn thing looks perfect like the day it came out of the box. Just doesn't work. No biggie.:-)

Should I list it complete, with all the gadgets such as the cord, earbuds, etc?
[Reply]
pektel 03:06 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Hi, Billy Mays here!

Having problems with your iPhone? We HAVE your solution, right here, right now! Let me show it to you!

Yes, it's the amazing iBrick! This all in one tool solves all your iPhone problems swiftly and efficiently!

You simply place your iPhone on any hard surface, preferably concrete, and raise our exclusive iBrick above your head and slam it down on the phone. Yes, just SLAM IT DOWN! That's right. Most iPhone problems are resolved with JUST A SINGLE APPLICATION! For exceptionally stubbon phones, a second application might be necessary.

That's it! It's that simple! Just SLAM THE iBRICK DOWN!

You know it's quality because the iBrick is made in GERMANY!

How much would you expect to pay for this marvel of technological repair?

$39.95?
$49.95?
$59.95?

NO WAY! I'm Billy Mays and right here, right now, today, I'm here to tell you that you can forget all of that! You can have this AMAZING iBRICK for a MERE $19.95!!

YES, you heard that right! Just $19.95!

In fact, if you order now, I'll throw in a second iBrick free of charge!

That's right! TWO iBricks for the price of one!

That's not all though!

I'll include a FREE, yes absolutely FREE mini-dustpan and broom.

So that's TWO iBricks and a bonus mini-dustpan, all for $19.95*.

But, wait, there's MORE!

If you order in the next 30 minutes, I'll even throw in a mini-coke spoon!

That's one iBrick, plus FREE bonus iBrick, FREE mini-dustpan and broom and FREE mini-coke spoon! All for the low, low price of $19.95! That's TEN DOLLARS LESS than Apple charges! And you can FIX your OWN iPhone!

Call now, operators are standing by!

$19.95 includes iBrick, bonus free iBrick, mini-dustpan and broom, and bonus free mini-coke spoon. Shipping and handling extra, $39.95 to most locations. Offer valid for contentinental US only, void where prohibited,
[Reply]
BigAsh 03:20 PM 09-14-2010
Carlos...moral of the story is your wife is "Aces"...tells you to quit b!tchin' and drop 6 bills on a new one....:-)....and I gotta say, being "un-wired" in the Keys ain't all that bad!
[Reply]
Blueface 03:34 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Carlos...moral of the story is your wife is "Aces"...tells you to quit b!tchin' and drop 6 bills on a new one....:-)....and I gotta say, being "un-wired" in the Keys ain't all that bad!
All true.

She even kicked in $100 she had floating around hidden for a rainy day.
Goes to show you, wine them, dine them, listen to them, plenty of foreplay............................the world is yours.:-)
[Reply]
pektel 03:37 PM 09-14-2010

I would be concentrated on other fantasies besides football while on vacation in the keys :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 03:39 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by pektel:

I would be concentrated on other fantasies besides football while on vacation in the keys :-)
I made sure I took care of all the other necessary activities.
Then made sure she fell asleep under a tree.
Then ran to the TV at the tiki bar.
Then wined her and dined her again.
There was nothing I could do that would get her angry at me.

I planned it well.:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:45 PM 09-14-2010

does she have a sister who's single and into fat European guys? If so, I would love to meet her :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 07:17 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:

does she have a sister who's single and into fat European guys? If so, I would love to meet her :-)
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Samsquanch 07:22 PM 09-14-2010
Added mine to my renters insurance for $15 a year, covers anything that could happen to it. Loss, theft, breakage, a dip in the warm Atlantic ocean, etc. Oh and no deductible - sure beats Square Trade or ATT's plans.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:44 AM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by Samsquanch:
Added mine to my renters insurance for $15 a year, covers anything that could happen to it. Loss, theft, breakage, a dip in the warm Atlantic ocean, etc. Oh and no deductible - sure beats Square Trade or ATT's plans.
Not sure I would go that route.
In Florida, insurance for a home is like buying gold.
Last thing you want is a claims history within a specified period depending on their risk management guidelines that eventually gets you canned and looking for new insurance. A phone is not worth that for us down here.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 05:21 PM 09-15-2010
Yeah that makes sense, I didn't realize how difficult it was to purchase home owners insurance in FL. For me with renters insurance however, even if they double my rate I'm only looking at $300/year. It would take 4 years of doubled rates for me to lose money on the deal (considering a $600 phone) and I believe your loss history only sticks with you for 3 years...at least in Washington state.
[Reply]
coffeemonkey 06:35 PM 09-15-2010
Put your iPhone in a ziplock bag with a bunch of silica gel, like, fill the ziplock bag with it to completely cover the phone (there are some types of cat litter that are all silica gel, cheaper way to buy it). Leave it in the bag for a few days and then try to use it.

The thing to do after dropping an electronic device in water is to not try to turn it on! That could fry it right there. If you are able to dry it out, many times the device will still work. Salt water? Maybe not, but it is worth a try.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:44 PM 09-15-2010
Originally Posted by coffeemonkey:
Put your iPhone in a ziplock bag with a bunch of silica gel, like, fill the ziplock bag with it to completely cover the phone (there are some types of cat litter that are all silica gel, cheaper way to buy it). Leave it in the bag for a few days and then try to use it.

The thing to do after dropping an electronic device in water is to not try to turn it on! That could fry it right there. If you are able to dry it out, many times the device will still work. Salt water? Maybe not, but it is worth a try.
Thanks.
Only one problem.
Mine was already on when I went in the water.
It literally fried within seconds.
Got very, very hot and did not allow me to shut it off as all power was instantly gone.
[Reply]
MiamiE 08:04 PM 09-15-2010
Yes list it complete with water damage. Nothing more, nothing less. :-) You could also try putting it in a bag with salt or silica gel. Try that for a few days. If you can get it to start up that's a few more bucks on EBay! :-)
[Reply]
forgop 11:09 AM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Samsquanch:
Never thought of this route so I just inquired with my agent. For $19/year, my homeowner policy will cover cell phones/laptops/computers under an umbrella policy for up to $5k w/ a $50 deductible. That's a great deal IMO as my 3 year old son has a tendency to throw things he gets his hands on.
[Reply]
shilala 11:55 AM 09-17-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I am bewildered.
Scott sells his for $350 and you post this?
You can buy a perfectly brand new working one for $599.
Why on Earth would anyone pay Scott $350?
What am I missing?
Can you make Meth out of it or something?:-)
Can we somehow turn it into Habanos?:-)
I am going to shoot some photos and list it on Ebay later.
Darn thing looks perfect like the day it came out of the box. Just doesn't work. No biggie.:-)

Should I list it complete, with all the gadgets such as the cord, earbuds, etc?
Carlos, all I sold was the phone. No cords or earbuds or nothin.
What they do with them is beyond me. I have seen things on ebay where they'll take your busted, water damaged phone and replace it for a hundred bucks. Ive also heard rumor that Apple will do "out of warranty" replacement for a hundred bucks.
I had pulled mine apart and even mentioned that. And I mentioned it went in the ocean. Otherwise it was in pristine condition. I put pics on there and was completely honest.
When I got paid, I just about sh1t.
That also made me quit caring about what they do with them. I bet you'll get a lot more for your iPhone 4. Mine was a 32 GB 3GS.
Do a three day auction over the weekend. Then we can all watch you get rich. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up