Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 17
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>12 Ronsons $17 until 8PM 12/9/10
shilala 01:53 PM 12-22-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Well, I just had the scare of my life.
I thought I had been hacked by this transaction also.
However, in my case, it turns out to be a more serious issue than what is on this thread.
Mine is a much more deep rooted evil that will be much tougher to fix.
Turns out it was the wife on a shopping spree.
That's gonna hurt. :-)
[Reply]
shvictor 10:44 PM 12-22-2010
These are some awesome lighters though. I like them better than the jet lites
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:41 AM 12-23-2010
Well, I just had the scare of my life.
I thought I had been hacked by this transaction also.
However, in my case, it turns out to be a more serious issue than what is on this thread.
Mine is a much more deep rooted evil that will be much tougher to fix.
Turns out it was the wife on a shopping spree.
Scary!!!:-)
[Reply]
stewshi 11:08 AM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
I propose that we coin a new term, anytime your CC is compromised, "you've been Shnooped".
Well I was Schnooped .... they charged quite a lot from my AMEX card and I didnt get a call from AMEX about it so people should check their statements.

Charges on mine were from VIA World Bangaladore and were multiple charges. Like most fraudsters they did a test transaction on the 19th and then went for the full boat load on the 21st.

Called the CC and they are taking the charges off and sending me a new one.
[Reply]
ripper 02:45 PM 12-23-2010
My new VISA cards arrived via UPS overnight envelope today.
And a few details of the scams. A lowlife named William charged $516 to my card at a garden shop in New York. The only place in NY that had my CC numbers was Shnoop.
Then some idiot tried to buy airplane tickets in Saudi Arabia. And photography equipment online. Those transactions did not get processed.
VISA has been terrific through this hassle. Did not cost me a penny. Good service -- and this old Bart learned a lesson.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:10 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by ripper:
My new VISA cards arrived via UPS overnight envelope today.
And a few details of the scams. A lowlife named William charged $516 to my card at a garden shop in New York. The only place in NY that had my CC numbers was Shnoop.
Then some idiot tried to buy airplane tickets in Saudi Arabia. And photography equipment online. Those transactions did not get processed.
VISA has been terrific through this hassle. Did not cost me a penny. Good service -- and this old Bart learned a lesson.
Bart...glad to hear everything worked out brother!! :-) :-) Only hope everyone else effected by this scam comes out on top as well.
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:48 PM 12-24-2010
I was also Schnooped!!!:-)

Several fraudulent charges to my VISA, the largest being $3000!
:-)
[Reply]
Hot Stuff x 01:45 AM 12-25-2010
This Schnoop site is down for maintenance now by the way.
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:33 AM 12-25-2010
Originally Posted by Hot Stuff x:
This Schnoop site is down for maintenance now by the way.

They probably had to regroup after my wife chewed a few a$$es!!!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:58 AM 12-25-2010
I'm suprised AmEx Security isn't down for maintenance. :-)
[Reply]
gvarsity 11:18 PM 12-25-2010
So this was just an AmEX issue? I used a Visa had no problem that I know of. Had an issue recently unrelated and my cards fraud protection monitoring kicked in less than an hour from when the started making transactions. Whole thing resolved in less than a week. Good luck to those who had problems.

My lighters seem fine. I haven't tried them all but the ones I have tried were nice single torch lighters.
[Reply]
Starz26 11:50 PM 12-25-2010
Originally Posted by gvarsity:
So this was just an AmEX issue?
Nope, all type were hit if they did not use ******...
[Reply]
smitdavi 04:33 PM 12-26-2010
Got nailed for 400 from carribean airlines 3d ny. Used a visa btw
[Reply]
stewshi 08:03 AM 12-27-2010
Funny thing I saw an email from Schnoop last night and they had the Ronson deal up there again.

In fact if you go to the site right now the deal in is the lower right.

http://www.pennywise.biz/
[Reply]
SSDVC 11:33 AM 12-27-2010
I am going to try an order, but use pa**al.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:44 AM 12-27-2010
Still no fraud charges on my end.
[Reply]
T.G 11:47 AM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
I am going to try an order, but use pa**al.
You ought to be fine then since PP doesn't work the same as a CC. No numbers are sent to a processor, it all stays on PP.

In your Pennywise account "Orders" screen will read "Status: Processing" for, well, forever... but after a few days, you can click on the actual item description on the order screen page and you'll get a detail screen that has the order info and the UPS tracking number and status at the bottom of it. My Thursday order shipped out the next Monday.
[Reply]
14holestogie 01:55 PM 12-27-2010
Still no fraud charges on my end.
That's what I thought, too until receiving an invoice in the mail today from Apple with a different person's name and my address (in WI) and a ship to in Grand Canyon, AZ. No charges had yet to appear on my on-line tracking (as they were still pending), but the invoice was for $700. After an hour on the phone with Apple and another 20 minutes on the phone with Discover, the card has been canceled and is being replaced.

Stay diligent. It may not happen today or next week, but the odds are pretty good something will be attempted.

Got a name and addy if anyone's in the neighborhood with some neutering equipment. :-)
[Reply]
croatan 02:00 PM 12-27-2010
Just found out my Amex got hit...over a week ago. Yuck. Now I gotta figure out 1) whether my flight to NYC tomorrow will actually go and 2) if that flight makes, whether I can have a card sent to the hotel so I can use it to pay :-)
[Reply]
Starz26 02:57 PM 12-27-2010
Originally Posted by croatan:
Just found out my Amex got hit...over a week ago. Yuck. Now I gotta figure out 1) whether my flight to NYC tomorrow will actually go and 2) if that flight makes, whether I can have a card sent to the hotel so I can use it to pay :-)
Amex is real good about overnighting a new card, question is weather you call them in enough time to meet the UPS cut-off
[Reply]
Page 14 of 17
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Up