Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
Sports>Patriots Football - "We're on a mission"
Bruins Fan 07:09 AM 11-09-2009
Pats sitting on top of the AFC East with a commanding two game lead.
Now it's going to be all about getting a bye and home field for the playoffs.
I can't see the Pats losing more then two more games.:-)
[Reply]
coastietech 07:25 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
Pats sitting on top of the AFC East with a commanding two game lead.
Now it's going to be all about getting a bye and home field for the playoffs.
I can't see the Pats losing more then two more games.:-)
Enjoy your lead, it won't last long... You guys play NO and Indy. The Jet's don't play anybody again, other than the pats, till week 16. :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:43 AM 11-09-2009
Some thoughts about the victory over Miami:

Belicheck should be embarrased by the success the Dolphins had with variations of the Widcat. Really, it's just the old college option offense and the Patriots continually got fooled by it, especially in the second quarter. They did better in the second half, (after a half-time tongue lashing, I'm sure), but that offense should not be a surprise to this team.

I may have to eat my words from earlier in the season regarding Maroney, he is looking better every week. Hope he is up for the Colts game.

The linebacker core has progressed nicely as the season has progressed. We even saw plays being made by Adelius Thomas. Funny how no one is talking about Mike Vrabel anymore.

It was impressive seeing Vince Wilfork pressed into service as a defensive end. How someone that big can move that quickly is a wonder.

Brady looked pretty good overall, but the INT that was thrown to Moss was all on him. He underthrew that ball resulting in the DB being in better position to make the play than Moss. Yes, Moss didn't look too good with his half-assed tackle attempt but the INTcame as a result of Brady's poor throw.

I had concerns about the defense when Miami was running all over them with the Wildcat, but it came up big in the fourth quarter forcing a punt that ultimetly led to another field goal by the offense.

Matt Light may have a hard time getting his job back from Sebastian Vollmer, that kid was a force all day. Proof: how often did you hear Joey Porter's name called?

Wes Welker is a wonder. Miami must kick themselves every time he catches a ball knowing they let him get away.

This was an important game against a good division opponent. It was not easy, but the Pats did the job that needed to be done. A good day overall.

Now on to Indy, that one will be fun to watch.
[Reply]
VTDragon 08:49 AM 11-13-2009
Prediction: (as posted in the Pats vs Colts thread)

Pats 27, Colts 24. It will be a fun game.
[Reply]
Mikey202 10:01 AM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by VTDragon:

Manning is going to shred the Pats Defense. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 06:43 AM 11-16-2009

Predictions can be a tough way to earn a living.:-)

Seems like the Patriots failed their test this week.
Why the heck that 4th down attempt?
Will haunt them for a while.
[Reply]
VTDragon 07:55 AM 11-16-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Predictions can be a tough way to earn a living.:-)

Seems like the Patriots failed their test this week.
Why the heck that 4th down attempt?
Will haunt them for a while.
Ya, but it was a great game.

As for the fourth down attempt. I think that Belicheck saw that his defense was out of gas, momentum had swung toward the Colts when they were on offense and he has been very successful with fourth down attempts in the past. He put the outcome into the hands of two of his best players and they came up short. No complaints from me, it was a very entertaining, close, hard fought game.
[Reply]
Blueface 08:53 AM 11-16-2009
Ya, but it was a great game.

As for the fourth down attempt. I think that Belicheck saw that his defense was out of gas, momentum had swung toward the Colts when they were on offense and he has been very successful with fourth down attempts in the past. He put the outcome into the hands of two of his best players and they came up short. No complaints from me, it was a very entertaining, close, hard fought game.
Good perspective.
I saw it as in part being to keep the defense out but more so because he is that confident that his offense can do anything at will. He was brought back down a bit to Earth that they can't. However, that was freaking close to having pulled it off.
[Reply]
dogface_313 03:15 PM 11-22-2009
I like the way this game is going.
[Reply]
coastietech 06:45 PM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by dogface_313:
I like the way this game is going.
:-)

Sanchez does more to help the other team win then he does his own. This asshole is giving me an ulcer...
[Reply]
Mikey202 09:25 PM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:

Sanchez does more to help the other team win then he does his own. This asshole is giving me an ulcer...
Maybe it had something to do with the Jets not gettin' a good nights rest? Seems someone pulled the fire alarm at the hotel in the middle of the night. Same thing happened when the Bills were in town. Not that anyone , associated with the Patriots would ever do anything unfair..............:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:08 AM 11-23-2009
Patriots showed up to play.
They were ready for the rivalry, the Jets weren't.
Jets are done.
Let's see the next test for the Patriots all are waiting for......................here come them Saints.
[Reply]
VTDragon 11:20 AM 11-23-2009
Congrats to the Pats on a good victory. They have to be feeling better than they were a week ago.

Some thoughts:

I apologize to Laurence Maroney for thinking him all done earlier in the year. He has been a stud lately. I don't know ahy, I just hope he keeps it up..we need a running game as the weather worsens.

Congrats to Darrelle Revis. He essentially shut down Moss except for the four yard touchdown. This kid has to be the premier cover guy in the league.

Great day for Leigh Bodden. Isn't it interesting what an old pro can do when finally put into a quality organization and surrounded by some quality people.

Wes Welker is my MVP for this team. Look at the difference between the first Jets game without him and yesterday. Case closed.

Biggest fear for New Orleans game ... the offensive line is getting awful thin due to injuries.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. I expect the hype for the Saints game will be just as much as it was for the Colts. I've given up on predictions though ...except to say that it will be a really good game, (and I'm rooting for the Patriots to win).
[Reply]
Starscream 08:06 PM 11-30-2009
You boys have some catching up to do. Brady's killing my fantasy points right now. He needs to get with it.
[Reply]
macpappy 09:43 PM 11-30-2009
I like the way Belichek and Brady rolled over and played dead with 5 minutes left in the came. What was that? If we can't beat you we just aren't going to play?
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 09:54 PM 11-30-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I like the way Belichek and Brady rolled over and played dead with 5 minutes left in the came. What was that? If we can't beat you we just aren't going to play?
The Saints played a great game, Breese was playing out of his mind.
The Pats DB blew coverage after coverage.
But you guys haven't won jack yet?
[Reply]
macpappy 04:39 AM 12-01-2009
It's 2009. You guy's haven't won jack this year either.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:38 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan:
But you guys haven't won jack yet?

Funny stuff there.
Funny because as written, sounds like some folks can't lose gracefully and give credit where due.
The Saints are insane this year.
Only by a miracle will they not be in the Super Bowl and one thing is for sure, it won't be against the Patriots.
I think the Patriots have now shown they can blow out a 0-5 Titans team and can beat up on Tampa Bay but can't beat two undefeated ones. Man I was praying for Brees to throw at least two or three more touchdowns and rack up the score a bit more.

(disclaimer here, not a Saints fan but a fan of great football)
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:41 AM 12-01-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
It's 2009. You guy's haven't won jack this year either.
And they won't, kind of a rebuilding year with a lot of young players, and missing a pass rush.
Yes they will get to the playoffs and be one and done:-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 06:43 AM 12-01-2009
AAAARGH....that was hard to watch. Pats were soundly beaten in every phase of the game, no excuses.

Congrats to the Saints for a terrific game and thus far, a terrific season. As for the Pats, they looked like they just didn't want to be there. I'm glad that Belicheck sat the first string offense down with five minutes left. They were so badly beaten by then that their continued presence in the game could only lead to more humiliation and potential injury. If he could have thrown in a towel ala boxing, he would have.

Time to go home, heal our wounds and try to get up for Miami. You know that the Dolphins were licking their chops in anticipation by the end of the game.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
Up