Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you own/use a draw tool?
Yes I own one and use it frequently/occasionally. 62 36.90%
No, I don't own one, but I would use one if I did own one. 80 47.62%
I don't own a draw tool because I wouldn't use it, or I own one and don't use it. 26 15.48%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar draw tools?
tedrodgerscpa 08:53 AM 01-13-2009
+1 on the worm threader... Found them at a Bass Pro Shop in Tennessee for $2.49... They work very well.
[Reply]
TimS 09:04 AM 01-13-2009
New to the Asylum. How's it goin? I made my own tool but never use it. If the cigar is plugged, I will try to cut it a little shorter. Fifty percent of the time this works. If it is truely plugged, I throw the cigar away. I don't want to spend this precious time fighting a cigar.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 10:17 AM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by TimS:
New to the Asylum. How's it goin? I made my own tool but never use it. If the cigar is plugged, I will try to cut it a little shorter. Fifty percent of the time this works. If it is truely plugged, I throw the cigar away. I don't want to spend this precious time fighting a cigar.
Sometimes throwing away a rare or expensive stick is not a viable option... Just my :-)

I do use your approach on torpedos or belicoso cigars with a great deal of success, however.
[Reply]
Walt 07:34 PM 01-13-2009
I have an old set of Henry's Draw Correction tools that I rarely use. I've found that they can open up a plugged cigar, but also do a great job of insulating the heat as it passes through the newly formed tunnel. As a result some of the cigars I've used them on tend to get hot much faster than normal.
[Reply]
Dgar 10:29 AM 01-15-2009
I said "Yes", but mine is made from a clothes hanger, it's worked fine the few times I've needed it. I usually dont have too many problems with plugged cigars, or draws that are too tight. I might use my clothes hanger a couple times a year, so I just dont need it often enough to considered buying one...
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up