Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you own/use a draw tool?
Yes I own one and use it frequently/occasionally. 62 36.90%
No, I don't own one, but I would use one if I did own one. 80 47.62%
I don't own a draw tool because I wouldn't use it, or I own one and don't use it. 26 15.48%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar draw tools?
Silound 09:50 PM 12-27-2008
So how many of you use a draw tool of some variety, how often, and what are your thoughts? I assume most of you must have at least one, since they're invaluable to me with CC's and some tighter rolled NC's.

I've recently gotten a creative urge and sat down with my lathe and some leftover wood blanks to make a half dozen nice handles for my steel-rod draw pokers.

Just wondering others thoughts on them.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:41 PM 12-27-2008
Got a beautiful set of Henry's with "SmokeyJoe" embossed on the handles... SWEET! :-)
[Reply]
cort 10:44 PM 12-27-2008
Dont have one and never even seen one in person. I sure could have used one on a number of ocassions
[Reply]
alley00p 10:44 PM 12-27-2008
I use a pipe tool that was gifted to me by Fissure. :-)

The spoon and tamper are great handles when I use the the little stainless poker. I works great when you get a stick that was wrapped tight. :-)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
krash 10:46 PM 12-27-2008
I also got a set of Henry's Tools with my name on them, and they've paid for themselves with the few cigars I've unplugged with them. Glad I got the set when they were available.:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 10:54 PM 12-27-2008
Originally Posted by krash:
I also got a set of Henry's Tools with my name on them, and they've paid for themselves with the few cigars I've unplugged with them. Glad I got the set when they were available.:-)
Is that the plastic thing that holds your cigar with the long metal rod for unglugging up to a churchill length stick?

[Reply]
Lee 10:59 PM 12-27-2008
I've never seen one. I have usually just tried recutting or just fight my way through.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 11:01 PM 12-27-2008
After the first time I needed it I bought one.
[Reply]
bobarian 01:48 AM 12-28-2008
The second best accessory I have! Next to my Palio. I never go to a herf without my Henry's tools and they sit next to me on my end table at home. Paid for themselves over and over again. :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 03:11 AM 12-28-2008
I just use a paperclip. It's not smooth and actually has little ridges on it so it works pretty well. Addmittedly I don't use it very often smoking mainly NC's that I keep around 63% humidity, but it does get used a few times a year.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 03:59 AM 12-28-2008
I made one from a coat hanger, and it works great; especially on fugitives from the island which are frequently plugged.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ashmaster 04:14 AM 12-28-2008
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
I just use a paperclip. It's not smooth and actually has little ridges on it so it works pretty well.
I use the same thing and most of the time it works for me.
[Reply]
Studebaker 05:37 AM 12-28-2008
I'd use one occasionally if I had one. I wish I'd bought a Henry's tool a while back. I get the impression from some posts here that they aren't available any more. That confirms what I suspected after trying in vain to find them online about a month ago. (I guess I missed the memo.)

I'll try a paper clip next time....never thought of that. :-)
[Reply]
heavyd 06:53 AM 12-28-2008
I use Henry's now, and have used the Drawpoker in the past. The Henry's tool works better because the metal rod is thicker, which clears the cigar better.
[Reply]
floydpink 07:25 AM 12-28-2008
Even though I don't approve of the way Henry treats the nurses in the hospital, I respect his hard work in the shed out back enough to use his tools and find they work very well. PERIOD.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 07:47 AM 12-28-2008
I keep a couple of short, sharpened end pieces of 316SS welding rod laying around. Works fine when the need arises.
[Reply]
LockOut 07:56 AM 12-28-2008
I just always use a paperclip
[Reply]
DonWeb 08:01 AM 12-28-2008
Own a couple of Henry's as well.

I've also grabbed a 1/4 in drill bit - when I'm smoking in the garage.
[Reply]
scooter 08:36 AM 12-28-2008
I have a set of Henry's tools and they have saved several cigars.
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:37 AM 12-28-2008
Originally Posted by alley00p:
I use a pipe tool that was gifted to me by Fissure. :-)

The spoon and tamper are great handles when I use the the little stainless poker. I works great when you get a stick that was wrapped tight. :-)

I use a pipe tool as well, it also works great as a nubbing tool. A paperclip or a piece of coat hanger has also worked for me in the past
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up