Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>inmate Bowlers?
physiognomy 12:41 AM 02-08-2009
I hadn't bowled in about 4yrs before I went 2 or so weeks back... I was pleasantly surprised with scores in the 130-140 range. I'd like to pick up my own ball some day, but wouldn't know the first place to start.
[Reply]
Partagaspete 01:43 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by physiognomy:
I hadn't bowled in about 4yrs before I went 2 or so weeks back... I was pleasantly surprised with scores in the 130-140 range. I'd like to pick up my own ball some day, but wouldn't know the first place to start.

I would tlak with your pro-shop guy a lot really goes into it. What weight, aggresiveness, typicla house oil patterns, etc, etc. However you may find a better deal once youo are ready to purchase from an online vendor.

T
[Reply]
Partagaspete 01:48 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
I had my pro-shop order in this ball for me:

AZO Pure Tactics

I have been using the Ebonite NVD for the oily lane conditions. The NVD has a Traxion Reactive matte finish sanded to 2000 grit, but the problem is that after the first game the ball picks up so much oil it's just really inconsistent. And of course I can't sand it during league play.

So talking with my pro-shop guy we went with the AZO Pure Tactics and it's UHP Hybrid Reactive coverstock. It's polished so no need to sand and I can use a cleaner on it if needed.

So it came in - had it drilled real aggressive. Went out and threw a practice game with it - 234 right out of the box. Double, split, double, split, strike out until the last of the the 10th which was a split. 9 strikes, 3 splits. Not bad, not bad at all.

This ball hits like 2 semi's at the same time. So if you are looking for a good medium to heavy oil ball - you may want to give this one a look at -

Picture on their site shows gold/yellow writing - but it actually has orange.

:-)

Ron
Is that a 234 series? that's sweet either way. I bowled a 243 in the third game last week along with a respectable 189 in the first. THe lines were dry so I should have put the Track away sooner. I had a 14? in the second. The 243 was with my RG. I do still love that ball too.

T
[Reply]
RGD. 08:40 AM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
Is that a 234 series? that's sweet either way. I bowled a 243 in the third game last week along with a respectable 189 in the first. THe lines were dry so I should have put the Track away sooner. I had a 14? in the second. The 243 was with my RG. I do still love that ball too.

T
Series? No. That was just one game straight off the drill press with no warm up.

Ron
[Reply]
big a 08:49 AM 02-08-2009
I bowled a lot in highschool. I even got a lot of school paid for in bowling scholarships. I havn't been able to bowl much latly but i plan to get in some more legs soon. I had a 200+ avg on house shoots and 170ish on sport shots/tournament shoots. I even have a couple balls i would let go for a good price or trade :-) to help some people get started. At one point i had 14+ bowling balls. Now i only have 7 but only throw 3.

Originally Posted by Partagaspete:
I would tlak with your pro-shop guy a lot really goes into it. What weight, aggresiveness, typicla house oil patterns, etc, etc. However you may find a better deal once youo are ready to purchase from an online vendor.

T
You need to watch out with buying online. Sometimes the quality sucks. Also proshops will charge a arm and a leg to drill stuff that is not purchased there. They have to make their money somehow. But i agree with above, talk to them and get a good started ball that is drilled finger tip. After you learn to throw the finger tip while putting some rotation on the ball then it will be time to move up to some more aggressive balls
[Reply]
Partagaspete 09:01 AM 02-08-2009
You need to watch out with buying online. Sometimes the quality sucks. Also proshops will charge a arm and a leg to drill stuff that is not purchased there. They have to make their money somehow. But i agree with above, talk to them and get a good started ball that is drilled finger tip. After you learn to throw the finger tip while putting some rotation on the ball then it will be time to move up to some more aggressive balls[/quote]

Just like cigars "Know Thy Vendor" Always buy drilling insurance (you'll get the better quality ball they have and even if it does encounter a problem you will be insured. My house charges 30 bucks ti drill a ball you bring in so add that to the cost from the online vendors to see if it is worth it.

T
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up