Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Its Liga Privada event time woot woot!!!
FUEL 08:50 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I just do not understand that. They never brought the first box of any FFP's and Dirty Rats to Vitolas nor Cigars and More. I drove over 2 hours both times. Nada. Zilch.
This was the first Liga Privada event in MN and TobaccoGrove is the only authorized Liga seller in the state. The next closest authorized Liga seller is either 7 hours away in Madison, WI or Chicago. So between MN, WI, ND, SD, IA, NE, MT with the exception on WI (TobaccoGrove sells 5 times the volume of Drew Estate that the Madison, WI does according to Faiben) and being TobaccoGrove has been with DE since it opened it's was "mandatory we get here this year" per Fabien so it was a huge event. There was a group of guys that drove in from Fargo, ND and a group from Sioux Falls, SD if that says anything. Faiben is the National Sales Vice President of Drew Estate and there is a reason he is nicknamed "Dirty Dice" hence the 35 boxes of Dirty Rats.

I took quit a few pics and will upload and post tomorrow along with a rundown of how the event flowed as it was a well thoughtout plan and flowed like a bad a$$ and the raffle prizes were quite nice as was his "Dirty Dice" game. Between my best friend and I we won 22 Undercrown Corona Viva!s, two additional Undercrown cutters and a black Unicos No9 hat.
[Reply]
FUEL 08:52 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by TJarv:
I'm an XL

I wonder how many custom rolled cigars will fit in one box? Hmmmmm
Yeah I guess I'll have to find a way to get a receipt to show I followed the newbie sampler rules and stayed under $40 *snicker*
[Reply]
FUEL 09:37 PM 06-13-2013
Forgot I had one pic on my phone.

http://i.imgur.com/cZwN0mo.jpg

Shows the Dirty Rats, Feral Pigs and UF13s.

The pricing on the left is what they cost under the current tax through June 30th.The pricing on the right shows what they will cost July 1st when the tax goes up. No, it's not a typo, the tax is going from 70% to 95% but with a $3.75 cap per stick the pricing will actually come down.

They gave a really nice offer that if you were willing to wait until July 1st, pay the new lower price going into affect July 1st today, they would sell you the box today only at the new lower price & they would hold your boxes for you to pick them up July 1.

Events done, heading downtown to the rooftop of Seven to enjoy more brotherhood and cigars. Nice also that Thursdays are ladies night. Night all, be well.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 10:13 PM 06-13-2013
Super mad I couldn't go to this. Really need to change my hours.....:-)
[Reply]
TheGiver 10:42 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Super mad I couldn't go to this. Really need to change my hours.....:-)
Nobody here would have blamed you for a sick day. :-)
[Reply]
FUEL 09:26 AM 06-15-2013
Sorry I forgot about this. Gauging interest before spending the time to write it up as it will take a bit of time. I stated previously that I would write up a blow by blow in detail how the event was run as it was unlike any event I've been to before with a few pics.

Would anyone still like the write up???

Thank you BOTL.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up