Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Its Liga Privada event time woot woot!!!
FUEL 02:11 PM 06-13-2013
Walking out the door for the biggest Liga Privada and Drew Estate event in the upper Midwest for 2013. Well, honestly the event does not start for 3 hours but we figured we should get there 3 hours early for prime seating and to start warming up the taste buds (or as friend Brian says, "the blackening of the lung") for the probably 5+ cigars we will have tonight.

All lined up! Got the 15 count Texas Longhorn travel humi loaded with trade bait and the 10 count Xikar Liga travel humi that a lock goes on. Why a lock you ask? There are 4 things in life you never mess with: 1) A mans woman 2) A mans car 3) A mans french fries and 4) A mans Ligas lol.

Decided to start out the night with the Opus X.

Set at budget of $250 (yeah that will happen) and really hoping a few Ratzillas, Velvet Rats or maybe even a uber rare Baschert Pig makes an appearance but frankly I'm more interested in the swag and that Dirty Dice Fabien is rolling some deep discounts.

Have a good night all and I'll post pics when the event is over.

:-) to the MN "Yes our weather is bi-polar" Crew, my boys in the Lone Star Mafia and of course Mr. Cranky pants, Tom lol.

:-)
J.

PS - Being I work in the data privacy realm I'm not to keen on posting self pics but if someone else is there or local friends upload them here I'm the 6'3" roughly 255lb whitey McWhiterson with a short beard and rocking my green "Chive" t-shirt. No, I'm not a bandwagon jumper / sack rider before you ask as I knew of theChive 3+ years before John and Leo became sellouts. But that's for a another show Oprah. :-)
[Reply]
Ciro 02:25 PM 06-13-2013
Very Nice Selection! Enjoy and Have a Great Time!
[Reply]
T.G 02:32 PM 06-13-2013
Holy big picture, Batman.
[Reply]
FUEL 02:44 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
Holy big picture, Batman.
I'm from the souveran nation of Texas, everything is bigger son!

PS - We apologize again for W.
[Reply]
T.G 03:08 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by FUEL:
I'm from the souveran nation of Texas, everything is bigger son!

PS - We apologize again for W.
Yes, including the lack of understanding, it seems.

No need to bring politics or apologies for politicians here.
[Reply]
pnoon 03:23 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
No need to bring politics or apologies for politicians here.
:-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:50 PM 06-13-2013
So being a newb to this whole thing, if you go to an event why would you bring sticks, wouldn't there be awesome deals and freebies there so you buy cigars to smoke there and bring home, pass some of the economy onto the B&M that's hosting the event?

Honest question, like I said I've never been to an event, just a lot of herfing.
[Reply]
FUEL 04:27 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
So being a newb to this whole thing, if you go to an event why would you bring sticks, wouldn't there be awesome deals and freebies there so you buy cigars to smoke there and bring home, pass some of the economy onto the B&M that's hosting the event?

Honest question, like I said I've never been to an event, just a lot of herfing.
Yes there are awesome deals. We've picked up a box of Dirty Rats, Feral Pigs, UF-13s, two cofins of A's, two free hats, two free T's and two Flying Pig cutters. Haven't rolled the dice yet nor the raffle. Why bring sticks? It's a community that is interested in all sorts of cigars and one person might like Ligas but not love them. They are here for the event and decide to pick up a box due to the deal. Guys go around and talk with each other about the sticks they have that I might want more than Ligas. A guy had 3 God of Fires which are hard to come by here and I can get UF- 13's anytime which he would rather have vs. The God of Fire hence we made a trade.

The boxes are cheaper but you have to buy 20 total sticks to get the A coffins so the host is losing no money at all as the Unicos are provided by Drew Estate then the B&Ms make a ton of cash on the policy you have to reach 20 for the As so that's selling 8 No9s or T52s that they would not have otherwise. 8 sticks times 60 people is 480 cigars that normally would not have been sold.

Guys also have been swapping things like HTF Tats for HTF Viaje, the Daisy Cutter I believe. So maybe other guys around the country don't do it but we do in the Twin Cities events and as well as at B&Ms on any given day.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:30 PM 06-13-2013
Thanks for the inside scoop James.
[Reply]
FUEL 04:33 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Thanks for the inside scoop James.
Edited for more info.
[Reply]
sevans105 04:37 PM 06-13-2013
Fuel...sent you a PM regarding event

Thanks!
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:28 PM 06-13-2013
Hoping you had a great time James!! :-)
[Reply]
FUEL 07:39 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Fuel...sent you a PM regarding event

Thanks!
Replied.
[Reply]
cmitch 07:43 PM 06-13-2013
Yes there are awesome deals. We've picked up a box of Dirty Rats, Feral Pigs, UF-13s, two cofins of A's, two free hats, two free T's and two Flying Pig cutters. Haven't rolled the dice yet nor the raffle. Why bring sticks? It's a community that is interested in all sorts of cigars and one person might like Ligas but not love them. They are here for the event and decide to pick up a box due to the deal. Guys go around and talk with each other about the sticks they have that I might want more than Ligas. A guy had 3 God of Fires which are hard to come by here and I can get UF- 13's anytime which he would rather have vs. The God of Fire hence we made a trade.

The boxes are cheaper but you have to buy 20 total sticks to get the A coffins so the host is losing no money at all as the Unicos are provided by Drew Estate then the B&Ms make a ton of cash on the policy you have to reach 20 for the As so that's selling 8 No9s or T52s that they would not have otherwise. 8 sticks times 60 people is 480 cigars that normally would not have been sold.

Guys also have been swapping things like HTF Tats for HTF Viaje, the Daisy Cutter I believe. So maybe other guys around the country don't do it but we do in the Twin Cities events and as well as at B&Ms on any given day.
I've been to two Liga Privada events, the last with Jonathan Drew in May and never seen a Dirty Rat or a FFP.
[Reply]
FUEL 08:00 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by cmitch:
I've been to two Liga Privada events, the last with Jonathan Drew in May and never seen a Dirty Rat or a FFP.
They had 35 boxes each of FFP'S Dirty Rats and UF13s & unlimited T52s, No9s, Papas Fritas and Undercrown.
[Reply]
TJarv 08:21 PM 06-13-2013
They had 35 boxes each of FFP'S Dirty Rats and UF13s & unlimited T52s, No9s, Papas Fritas and Undercrown.
You lucky bastid
[Reply]
dwoodward 08:24 PM 06-13-2013
I am seriously jealous lol. Sounds like it was a great event.
[Reply]
FUEL 08:26 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by TJarv:
You lucky bastid
Well let's just say there was a reason why your package did not ship today ;-)

BTW, what t-shirt size are you?
[Reply]
cmitch 08:29 PM 06-13-2013
I just do not understand that. They never brought the first box of any FFP's and Dirty Rats to Vitolas nor Cigars and More. I drove over 2 hours both times. Nada. Zilch. Did manage to get 2 boxes of Liga A's though.
[Reply]
TJarv 08:43 PM 06-13-2013
Well let's just say there was a reason why your package did not ship today ;-)

BTW, what t-shirt size are you?
I'm an XL

I wonder how many custom rolled cigars will fit in one box? Hmmmmm
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up