Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>DeBeers diamond company, thank you for the cigars
FUEL 11:26 PM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
Yeah that's what I heard as well. I'm just so sick of paying almost more money on taxes than the cigar itself. Not to mention the shop owners don't see any of that money.
Yeah I got into a long conversation with the owner of BURN and a TobaccoGrover about that tonight. They are happy as the higher end sticks will come down in price due to the cap which means they will sell more and they won't have to lower their retail price thus, at least in theory, profits will go up due to more bang for your buck...in theory.

The Senator is a big cigar guy so are two of his closest friends. Inge Thulin and Greg Page, CEO's of 3M and Cargill respectively.

And quiet as its kept, look for a new B&M with a large "ultra lounge" in a joint venture from BURN & TobaccoGrove coming to a Twin Cities suburb towards the end of 4th quarter 2013 to 1st quarter 2014 with a big big name sponsoring the Grand Opening weekend. :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 01:43 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by FUEL:
Yeah I got into a long conversation with the owner of BURN and a TobaccoGrover about that tonight. They are happy as the higher end sticks will come down in price due to the cap which means they will sell more and they won't have to lower their retail price thus, at least in theory, profits will go up due to more bang for your buck...in theory.

The Senator is a big cigar guy so are two of his closest friends. Inge Thulin and Greg Page, CEO's of 3M and Cargill respectively.

And quiet as its kept, look for a new B&M with a large "ultra lounge" in a joint venture from BURN & TobaccoGrove coming to a Twin Cities suburb towards the end of 4th quarter 2013 to 1st quarter 2014 with a big big name sponsoring the Grand Opening weekend. :-)
I would hope that this "ultra lounge" will be in the east metro as the other two are in the west? :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 04:39 AM 06-13-2013
Nice score - diamonds don't always have to be a girl's best friend.

Got my check too -- this thread gives me some ideas
[Reply]
FUEL 05:52 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by mahtofire14:
I would hope that this "ultra lounge" will be in the east metro as the other two are in the west? :-)
The ultra lounge is supposedly going to be the nicest in the Twin Cities on par with the private club Fuegos and a titch less than the ultra exclusive $30,000 mandatory 10 year lease that's capped at 50 members & good luck even finding the place Herrbies.

No comment on the 3 potential locations other than one is East of 35W. Fuegos is also opening a St Paul location by the end of year with a b!tchen roof top deck similar but smaller than Seven and Crave down on Block E in Minneapolis.

Only thing that blows is the yearly membership dues went up quite a bit from 2012 to 2013 and to get reciprocity between the two the cost is going up again in 2014 unless you join at the Churchill level by the end of 2013 as then you have no additional cost between locations.
[Reply]
FUEL 06:00 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Nice score - diamonds don't always have to be a girl's best friend.

Got my check too -- this thread gives me some ideas
Heck yeah! I felt terrible though as I went into Wells Fargo to set up a new account and the lady asked me where the check was from and I replied "Do you know the company DeBeers? It's a class action lawsuit settlement." She replied "I'm from South Africa here in the United States on political asylum so yes, I'm all too familiar with DeBeers."

*crickets chirping* Open mouth insert foot & crawl back into my hole.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:11 AM 06-13-2013
That's a first...go to a Viaje event and come home with Ashton sticks. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Ciro 06:23 AM 06-13-2013
Very Nice Pick Up! It's always a great feeling when you receive "Surprise Money"!
[Reply]
maninblack 06:26 AM 06-13-2013
Damn fine grabs brother.
[Reply]
FUEL 06:40 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
That's a first...go to a Viaje event and come home with Ashton sticks. :-) :-) :-)
It was a gift from my best friend for driving 82 miles round trip to my B&M in Hudson, WI to pick up a box of UF-13's I had special ordered for him. He has more money than God for someone of his age and sticks to boot and gifted me a God of Fire 2005 Carlito, Partags #4 CC, and a Opus X something of another from 2007. He always takes care of me when I go out there for him as its about a 110 mile round trip trip for him and until 3 weeks ago I lived only a 21 mile round trip.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:43 AM 06-13-2013
Can't knock a gift like that. :-) :-)
[Reply]
FUEL 08:36 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Can't knock a gift like that. :-) :-)

Yeah he has been my as Jay from Clerks introduces Silent Bob would say, "I'm Jay and this is my hetero life mate Silent Bob" lol my best friend going on 25 years.

He has 4 humis at home, a huge locker at his private club, 2 more at public B&Ms in the Twin Cities area, and 2 at his inlaws place in FL and 2 at there place in Hawaii.

You know he has a sickness when he texted me from Hawaii a few weeks back and said something along the lines of, "I 'found' a box of Opus X's with bands from 2003 and a box of Cubana Cohibas (no idea the name of the blend) from 1999 I'll bring home and we can rip through em." First off who the hell "finds" something like that? If I had those sticks I sure as hell would know we're they were at all times. He even has a rider on his home owners insurance for them. Granted it does not say "cigars" but he and his agent conjured something up lol.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:14 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by FUEL:
he texted me from Hawaii a few weeks back and said something along the lines of, "I 'found' a box of Opus X's with bands from 2003 and a box of Cubana Cohibas (no idea the name of the blend) from 1999
:-)
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 05:39 AM 06-14-2013
that's quite a haul man, glad to see your stock building back up. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up