Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Authenticity!
bobarian 05:24 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by kwondon1:
I heard that when shipping, the barcodes allow the boxes to be traced, and so most merchances remove the new warranty seals' barcodes.

Thanks for your help! I will keep that site in mind for the future.
Barcodes are removed by many shippers. For the exact reason you would have to ask them, anything else is merely speculation. :-)
[Reply]
crgcpro 07:31 PM 06-05-2013
If it hasn't been posted, go here:

www.cubancigarwebsite.com and compare them. There are links to show you the difference in the authentic and fakes of every brand and vitola.
[Reply]
bstarrs 12:12 PM 06-06-2013
The Espendidos come in a cardboard sleeve that covers the varnished box. IIRC the warranty seal would be affixed to the cardboard sleeve. I've never had a box of Cohibas but my other varnished boxes has the warranty seal on the cardboard sleeve. So I'm calling fake based on that, not to mention the Esplendidos are one of the most faked cigars in the world so if even one detail is suspicious I would be pretty confident on calling them fake.

I also know there are always a ton of Fauxhibas in Toronto. They are always listed on craigslist and everything.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:03 PM 06-06-2013
I wouldn't sent it to the military with bad intentions. I figured since they smoke victory cigars or others of such sort that they would be a lot more experienced and have more knowledge of the cigars than I do. In that case, they can judge for themselves and send them away, throw them out, or send them back telling me that they are harmful. In any case, I've heard that even some fake cigars are decent to smoke, and I'm sure after getting them appraised somewhere nearby and find nothing bad in them, these "first rate human beings" would appreciate receiving them.
I'm not implying any malicious intent. But some of the counterfeit CC's have some nasty crap rolled in with them. Why mail them halfway around the world in the hopes that they'll get in the hands of someone who might know if they're good enough to smoke or not?
[Reply]
macsauce13 01:12 PM 06-06-2013
In the case that they are fake - I would possibly like to donate them to military; however, I am not sure of the procedure for this: undoubtedly they would not like fake cigars... in that case, what should I do with them if I do not want them?

Michael
Guys, relax...He's just looking for some help and threw out the ideas in his head. He even said in the OP that he acknowledged the military may not like/want them if they are fake.

Taking offense at the comment above is just you looking to get offended. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 05:10 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Guys, relax...He's just looking for some help and threw out the ideas in his head. He even said in the OP that he acknowledged the military may not like/want them if they are fake.

Taking offense at the comment above is just you looking to get offended. :-)
Okay, here's my last comment on this and then I'll bow out of this discussion: I think it's a bad idea to send cigars to someone when you don't know if they're fakes or not. Not only do I think this, I find it a little bit astonishing that others don't. If that's me "looking to get offended" then so be it.
[Reply]
shark 07:08 PM 06-06-2013
I'm with cmitch on this one. Those seals look as fake as a 3 dollar bill
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up