Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar locker...why?
Islayphile 08:18 AM 05-28-2013
I always assumed that guys got a locker to hide their cigar purchases from their wives.

:-)
[Reply]
czerbe 09:00 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by dave:
I'm looking forward to Cigar Locker Storage Wars....there has to be a number of 'abandoned' lockers around the world.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
cmitch 09:17 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
That's because the owner is nutty as a loon, Clayton. We all know that from personal experiences.

I thought the purpose of a locker at the local B&M was so you had a place to hide some sticks and booze so the wife didn't know how much you had or smoked/drank!!!!:-):-):-)
I forgot to mention getting your picture on the wall. :-)

He sells booze there now so he doesn't allow booze in the lockers.
[Reply]
cmitch 09:20 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by badbriar:
The only benefit of having a locker I can see is, if you can rent monthly, to be able to buy boxes at cigar events and store them until there's room in the wineador. As one who enjoys about 4-5 sticks a week, just can't see having a yearly locker. Now, it would be a good idea to go in with a friend or two. I'm basing this on rates seen here in Orlando of $30/month, for an annual rental. Rather put that into some favorite sticks!
RR
Value differs from person to person. Just like I think someone is a nut for spending 600 to 1200 a year on a locker, some thought I was crazy at 150. Someone would have to spend $12000 a year on cigars at the 1200 level to recoup cost so there is no value at that point. But, for some, prestige has value, even though it may be a false sense of appreciation.
[Reply]
Milvel 10:13 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by cmitch:
Value differs from person to person. Just like I think someone is a nut for spending 600 to 1200 a year on a locker, some thought I was crazy at 150. Someone would have to spend $12000 a year on cigars at the 1200 level to recoup cost so there is no value at that point. But, for some, prestige has value, even though it may be a false sense of appreciation.
$50 a month is not an unreasonable fee to charge someone for locker space and access to a private lounge area. Not to mention discounts (assuming your B&M gives them to their members). :-)
[Reply]
Lockspur 11:16 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Milvel:
$50 a month is not an unreasonable fee to charge someone for locker space and access to a private lounge area. Not to mention discounts (assuming your B&M gives them to their members). :-)
Mine is $33 a month. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 11:23 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Islayphile:
I always assumed that guys got a locker to hide their cigar purchases from their wives.

[Reply]
Milvel 11:25 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Lockspur:
Mine is $33 a month. :-)
Mine actually comes out to $58 a month but Austin if very limited on lounge options. :-)
[Reply]
cmitch 11:45 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Milvel:
Lounge is not private and there is no walk in humidor. Product is spread around the smoking area. Hence, my point being there is no value for the money.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 08:57 PM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Islayphile:

I always assumed that guys got a locker don't have wives.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:29 PM 05-28-2013
I keep "The Gimp" in my locker.
[Reply]
FUEL 12:20 AM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I keep "The Gimp" in my locker.
Must...resist...comment...still...a newb....but then again....its icehog3....must not hit the ent............................................... ....
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:38 AM 05-29-2013
Originally Posted by FUEL:
Must...resist...comment...still...a newb....but then again....its icehog3....must not hit the ent............................................... ....
Looks like you failed that test :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up