Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Moronic teacher
Gophernut 04:36 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by loki:
I do want to give linux a decent shot
I've always wanted to too, but I guess I'm a slave to Microsoft. I'm afraid what it will do to my computer. Where can I get a disk like that kid was handing out?
[Reply]
floydp 04:43 PM 12-11-2008
My grandson uses Mandriva linux quite a few times a week to play those dopey online games a sixth grader likes. The grand kids likes it when I show em the effects in Compiz. Burning windows(not the OS),cubes and stuff on an old Dell laptop. We run OSX,XP, and various distro's of Linux on our little network and all see each other and use the same network AIO printer. I think kids should be exposed to all the OS's available. I like and dislike things about each OS. I sure hope this teacher researches this strange technology called Linux.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:46 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by rack04:
http://www.fixedbylinux.com/services
I saw that he owned Helios from the blog. However, I doubt handing out disks to grade schoolers is going to get a lot of parents to convert. If anything they might learn a skill about an OS they otherwise would have no access to, which would be a good thing, no?

Originally Posted by loki:
funny the only times i've shut my pc down in the past 6 months when windows or an apple product i have installed has made me restart. People who are saying windows isn't a stable OS either don't know what they are doing or haven't used it since ME. Is it the best no, not by a long shot. what is? I don't know. however I do want to give linux a decent shot
Windows Vista isn't as bad as apple fanboys claim it is, but it's by no means great. I've had multitudes of problems with it since I switched. Nothing serious, just lots of annoying little issues.

If your curious about Linux but afraid about messing up your computer, wubi is a great way to try Ubuntu risk free. Ubuntu is the most popular distro these days, fairly easy to use, and wubi installs it just like a normal windows program. Don't like it, can't get used to it, no problem. Boot into windows and uninstall.
[Reply]
rhdad42 08:37 PM 12-11-2008
I can only quote one of my favorite musicians, the late, great Frank Zappa:

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say that there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
[Reply]
GoatLocker 10:28 AM 12-12-2008
Considering where this is posted and the ridiculous content of the supposed e-mail, does anyone honestly believe this "teacher" really exists? This is no teacher, it is a Strawman that the author uses to support his anti-MS rant. I'm throwing the bullshit flag... :-):-):-)
[Reply]
maddman 10:53 AM 12-12-2008
going with goatlocker with this one, BS away.

I do like Linux though, CentOS FTW
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up