Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Moronic teacher
VirtualSmitty 07:32 PM 12-10-2008
I read this and it just blew my mind. I can't believe that anyone this stupid could be in charge of teaching young children.
[Reply]
JE3146 07:44 PM 12-10-2008
Just wow...

I rarely use a comp that's not Linux these days... aside from my home PC.

Even then I run dual-boot with Ubuntu.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:52 PM 12-10-2008
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Just wow...

I rarely use a comp that's not Linux these days... aside from my home PC.

Even then I run dual-boot with Ubuntu.
Same, except I dual boot at home with Sabayon. I really hope she investigates Linux, finds out how completely wrong she is, and gets owned by that father.
[Reply]
Heliofire 08:01 PM 12-10-2008
I too was like wow. I am an apple guy but the idea that windows is the end all be all kind of floors me.
[Reply]
MadAl 06:18 AM 12-11-2008
Microsoft has spent a lot of money to give that impression, money they should've spent getting their OS stable.
[Reply]
Ubergopher 07:24 AM 12-11-2008
I wish that surprised me. People are stupid.
[Reply]
Ollie 07:35 AM 12-11-2008
It's too bad stupid don't hurt. :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 07:45 AM 12-11-2008
wow.....I read that & kinda wonder if it's real...amazing if it is!
[Reply]
rack04 07:49 AM 12-11-2008
Anyone else pick up that the kid might have been doing daddy's dirty work? I agree that they teacher acted inappropriately but remember there are always two sides to a story. Teachers have the authority to say what goes on in their classroom. If the laptop demonstration was disruptive to the classroom activities, then I say the teacher acted appropriately. Although, I letter that was sent to the child's parent was completely inappropriate.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 07:54 AM 12-11-2008
Like any profession there are average, below average, above average, brilliant and complete maroons involved in teaching. Hope she's really a gym teacher though. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:36 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Like any profession there are average, below average, above average, brilliant and complete maroons involved in teaching. Hope she's really a gym teacher though. :-)
So which one am I?:-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:19 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by rack04:
Anyone else pick up that the kid might have been doing daddy's dirty work? I agree that they teacher acted inappropriately but remember there are always two sides to a story. Teachers have the authority to say what goes on in their classroom. If the laptop demonstration was disruptive to the classroom activities, then I say the teacher acted appropriately. Although, I letter that was sent to the child's parent was completely inappropriate.
What do you mean, pushing linux? I doubt a classroom full of grammar students would be all that interested in an OS. He was probably just showing off some of the graphic features linux has built in (wobbly icons, Compiz, etc). Why she would confiscate his disks instead of just telling him to put them away is beyond me. And the letter to the father is just classic.

So no, I don't think the kid was doing daddy's work. I think the kid is stuck with a an idiot of teacher given her response to the father.
[Reply]
rack04 09:43 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
What do you mean, pushing linux? I doubt a classroom full of grammar students would be all that interested in an OS. He was probably just showing off some of the graphic features linux has built in (wobbly icons, Compiz, etc). Why she would confiscate his disks instead of just telling him to put them away is beyond me. And the letter to the father is just classic.
So he just carries around Linux installation disks? Just seems a little strange to me.
[Reply]
markem 09:45 AM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
When I was teaching, 80% of all teachers were above average :-)

Now, reread the article, but substitute marijuana for linux ... raising the bar! :-):-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 09:47 AM 12-11-2008
So he just carries around Linux installation disks? Just seems a little strange to me.
Why? It says he was giving a demonstration, maybe he just liked it and wanted to show his friends. Considering you can run any linux OS off the CD without installing, it's a good way to let people try it.
[Reply]
rack04 09:55 AM 12-11-2008
Why? It says he was giving a demonstration, maybe he just liked it and wanted to show his friends. Considering you can run any linux OS off the CD without installing, it's a good way to let people try it.
:-) Daddy's dirty work?
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:50 PM 12-11-2008
:-) Daddy's dirty work?
If your giving a demonstration and people like it and want to try it, why not have a few copies to pass out? How is having a few kids play around with linux daddy's work?
[Reply]
rack04 03:41 PM 12-11-2008
If your giving a demonstration and people like it and want to try it, why not have a few copies to pass out? How is having a few kids play around with linux daddy's work?
http://www.fixedbylinux.com/services
[Reply]
loki 03:47 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by MadAl:
Microsoft has spent a lot of money to give that impression, money they should've spent getting their OS stable.
funny the only times i've shut my pc down in the past 6 months when windows or an apple product i have installed has made me restart. People who are saying windows isn't a stable OS either don't know what they are doing or haven't used it since ME. Is it the best no, not by a long shot. what is? I don't know. however I do want to give linux a decent shot
[Reply]
Da Klugs 04:04 PM 12-11-2008
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
So which one am I?:-)
Brilliant Gym teacher? :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up