Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Converting a wine-cooler into a humidor...
chippewastud79 06:42 PM 08-27-2012
Originally Posted by Robulous78:
I'm sure you'll enjoy them... So onto these beads... everyone seems loyal to there bead brand... anyone care to expand on that?

more importantly... any brands to stay away from?

Thanks everyone,

Rob
Honestly, a lot of these questions can be answered by reading a bit around the forum. The beads are your choice, most prefer RH Beads or HCM Beads. :-)
[Reply]
poriggity 11:30 AM 08-28-2012
When I did mine, I just cleaned the plastic to get rid of the new plastic smell, then put my boxes and beads in. Probably the cheapest way to do it, but I am planning on picking up a drawer for singles soon!
[Reply]
PuffPuffGive1 11:45 AM 08-28-2012
Yes, the accessories forum has A LOT of great, useful information in regards to this matter! Surely helped me for sure setting my vino up =). But for me, I had shelves...but decided to just get boxes and whatnot.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 12:03 PM 08-28-2012
Bro, if you have A/C in your house/apartment or have a cool basement, just buy a large cooler (120 quart+) and some beads and you are good to go. Cheaper than going with a wine fridge like you say you want most of your money going towards cigars.
[Reply]
Big Bert 12:17 PM 08-28-2012
I got lucky on mine. Got on Craigslist and found a new in box 16btl. Wine cooler for 50$ plus close to 80ish on shelves (6) with taxes from cheaphumidorsdotcom of course you can get them from a member here but I found out a bit too late. So all in all I spent less then 200. I think I got more then double that amount on cigars now :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 05:48 PM 08-29-2012
Thanks Everyone for the input... I am definitely looking around... Ill let you know what i end up with...
[Reply]
pullins10 05:41 AM 05-07-2015
Great thread, thanks for the information!
[Reply]
afranco 08:26 AM 05-07-2015
(Rob) i just recently completed the wineador.. The best thing i could do.. There is alot of great info on here.. Goodluck and enjoy:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up