Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Ok folks, who has lower back problems?
Remo 08:11 AM 01-25-2012
Figured I would give an update on this...so I had the Cortisol shot around the 1st of the year and it has helped alot, about a 10 minute procedure and basically pain free..It took a few days for me to really notice a difference but I could tell that it really took some of the swelling down and relieved the pressure on my nerve. The effect has been two fold as it has allowed me to be more active and work out more/better with less pain which has allowed me to drop about 10 lbs. which is also taking pressure off my back (less weight).

My back pain had caused me to be lazy and in being lazy I had put on a few lbs. I have lived most of my life at around 215 lbs. but I had gone up to about 230 lbs. and lost alot of muscle because of the lack of lifting, so now with my back pain being helped I am back to lifting better and losing fat, I am heading for the 200 lb. mark which should really help :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:15 AM 01-25-2012
My wife has to get the shots sometimes for her hip, it is painfull but relieves the pain for a couple months. Her pain always seems to return. Good luck Mike! Good luck on the journey to 200 also. Hope the pain doesn't return!
[Reply]
Remo 08:18 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
My wife has to get the shots sometimes for her hip, it is painfull but relieves the pain for a couple months. Her pain always seems to return. Good luck Mike!
Yeah, not sure it's a long term solution but it may just be what I need to get jump started, and I am fairly sure losing more weight will help even more :-)
[Reply]
forgop 09:03 AM 01-25-2012
Remember, these shots are just a short term fix and does nothing to fix the problem. The shots can do a lot of damage if done too much, so just be wary of doing them. Ha a patient awhile back that had both hips replaced resulting from too many injections.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up