Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Ok folks, who has lower back problems?
Remo 02:58 PM 12-28-2011
Doctor checked my MRI today, not as bad as I thought but not great, L4 and L5 are basically squashed, gonna get the Cortizone shot next week right next to the nerve that they are pushing on, give that a try before surgery. Anyone had that shot and did it work/help?
[Reply]
goomer 03:04 PM 12-28-2011
I can't comment on the shot either way, but have you seen a chiropractor?
[Reply]
Remo 03:07 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by goomer:
I can't comment on the shot either way, but have you seen a chiropractor?
Yeah, helped a little but not great, have been living with this for about 5 yrs. and needed another option.
[Reply]
14holestogie 03:10 PM 12-28-2011
I've got back problems that come and go. I'd definitely exhaust all other options before any needles or surgery. A single chiropractor may not do it, but don't give up. Try another. When my back first flared up, I was going to a chiropactor office with a brother/sister practice. 6 weeks of treatment with the brother netted little relief. One time with the sister and the pain started to subside. Little nuances in the treatment can yield big dividends.

I've seen too many people messed up with needles and surgery, even though at the time you're going through the pain, any option looks good.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:05 PM 12-28-2011
Yes Here! I also would recommend any treatment before needles and surgery. I have had injections and was worse for it. I have had surgery and was worse for it.

I would strongly recommend the Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression. Do a Google search on this. Here is one link: Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression

I have had 2 fusions and cannot use this...but you might be a great candidate for this treatment.

I have subscribed to this thread and am interested in how you progress.

Good Luck and get well!:-)

[Reply]
Remo 04:26 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
Yes Here! I also would recommend any treatment before needles and surgery. I have had injections and was worse for it. I have had surgery and was worse for it.

I would strongly recommend the Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression. Do a Google search on this. Here is one link: Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression

I have had 2 fusions and cannot use this...but you might be a great candidate for this treatment.

I have subscribed to this thread and am interested in how you progress.

Good Luck and get well!:-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 04:33 PM 12-28-2011
You also may benifit from accupuncture Japanese style has been especially bennificial for my athletic related injuries to my wrist.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
sevans105 04:51 PM 12-28-2011
Personally, I did the cortisol shot. It was a frikkin miracle. I went from not being able to move my left leg to walking, running, normal life.

It wasn't a permanent fix, but it bought me several years of freedom. I'd do the shot again in a minute if I needed to.
[Reply]
Remo 05:04 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by sevans105:
Personally, I did the cortisol shot. It was a frikkin miracle. I went from not being able to move my left leg to walking, running, normal life.

It wasn't a permanent fix, but it bought me several years of freedom. I'd do the shot again in a minute if I needed to.
Thanks Scott :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 05:15 PM 12-28-2011
Hope you get the issue solved Mike. Back pain is a real b!tch.
[Reply]
Remo 05:17 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Hope you get the issue solved Mike. Back pain is a real b!tch.
Thanks bud, it's making me feel old, gotta fix it!
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 05:22 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Thanks bud, it's making me feel old, gotta fix it!
Just checked your age Mike...you are old. :-) JK Really pulling for you to get fixed up and out of pain.
[Reply]
Remo 05:32 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
Just checked your age Mike...you are old. :-) JK Really pulling for you to get fixed up and out of pain.
ok....older :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 07:11 PM 12-28-2011
I have had back problems since 1979 but I've been able to manage the pain without surgery or injections.

As for Cortisone - yes I have had injections and honestly wish the stuff came in six packs.

I've had one injection in my right heel and two in my left heel (within a month of each other) back in 2001. No problems since.

I had an injection in my left hip last year about this time to take care of a problematic sciatic nerve. Two days after the injection I was bowling again.

And I'm hoping that they give me one on Friday to deal with my right elbow. Call it tennis elbow if you want but I'm calling it bowlers elbow.

I'd take a Cortisone shot any day over surgery.

Ron
[Reply]
Remo 07:22 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by RGD.:
I have had back problems since 1979 but I've been able to manage the pain without surgery or injections.

As for Cortisone - yes I have had injections and honestly wish the stuff came in six packs.

I've had one injection in my right heel and two in my left heel (within a month of each other) back in 2001. No problems since.

I had an injection in my left hip last year about this time to take care of a problematic sciatic nerve. Two days after the injection I was bowling again.

And I'm hoping that they give me one on Friday to deal with my right elbow. Call it tennis elbow if you want but I'm calling it bowlers elbow.

I'd take a Cortisone shot any day over surgery.

Ron
Elbows are next :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 07:30 PM 12-28-2011
Don't have lower back issues, Mike (knock on wood)...but I had cortizone shots in both my shoulders a couple weeks ago, and my quality of life is already much improved.
[Reply]
Remo 08:12 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Don't have lower back issues, Mike (knock on wood)...but I had cortizone shots in both my shoulders a couple weeks ago, and my quality of life is already much improved.
Good to hear Tom, I am sure my back is from work and lifting heavy when I was younger, elbows are from lifting, knees are from age :-) I had a Cortisone shot years ago in my wrist and never had another problem, hoping for the best.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:23 AM 12-29-2011
I am hoping for the best for you too, Mike. :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 05:37 AM 12-29-2011
Seems a lot of "us" have lower back problems. I had lower pain months ago and then I got suspenders for work. Let me tell you, the weight taken off my back was a great relief. I no longer have a sore back. It may look funny but who cares as long as I'm happy.

I hope everything works out for you Mike. I can't imagine myself and the problems I may have in 20 years.
[Reply]
Taki 05:45 AM 12-29-2011
I have had back problems for about the past 10 years...I have had the shots in the past and they work for the most part (just mask the actual problem) but havent had one recently. I was always told by my doctors that the day I cant get out of bed because the pain is so bad, is the day I get the surgery, although I am still young so it may depend on what the age of the person is that's having the problem. Anyway good luck brother, hope everything works out for you :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up