Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Could you Would you?
schollianmj 07:10 AM 12-03-2011
Um, no. No I wouldn't. Right now I smoke one each day when I get off work to relax and decompress. During the few days I'm off work between Monday and Friday when the kids get on the school bus I light up a tabac especial or the like to enjoy with my morning coffee, and maybe have another stronger stick in the late afternoon. I really don't smoke around my family though so that helps me keep the consumption down.

As to those power smokers doing 12 - 20 a day... after being in the Marines for 10.5 years and working DOD Special Police/PPS for 8 years, I'm betting that number includes sticks that were partially smoked then had to be snuffed after an inch or so. I can't relight sticks, they always taste foul so I'm wondering if that is 12 - 20 partials instead of full sticks.
[Reply]
Taki 07:14 AM 12-03-2011
No way...even if I had the loot!!! I am a 1 a week right now and 3-4 on the weekends
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:59 AM 12-03-2011
One per day and a few extras on the weekend is all I can handle!

At a herf, the sky's the limit.
:-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 09:19 AM 12-03-2011
Did you ever notice that you never see a picture of Churchill with a cigar shorter than then 4 or 5 inches? I seriously doubt the guy ever burnt his fingers or looked for a paperclip to finish the nub. He probably smoke one until he set it down somewhere, and then picked up a new one and started smoking it.
[Reply]
shark 10:50 AM 12-03-2011
I find it interesting that Freud died from oral cancer, yet Churchill and the others did not. Could heredity play a factor in development of cancer, or are there possibly other factors involved, like exposure to something else in the environment?
[Reply]
shark 10:53 AM 12-03-2011
And to answer the OP, no way. After about 4 cigars in a day I have a hard time tasting anything else, of course I've been smoking cigars since 1996...
[Reply]
bishjd123 05:22 PM 12-03-2011
Nope. 3 to 4 is my max on the weekend and maybe one per day during the week. I don't even know where I'd find the time to smoke 15-20 a day.
[Reply]
Bigbaldbob 07:27 PM 12-03-2011
I'm a newbie and have had three today. Will burn at least another one tonight.
[Reply]
jrw 03:10 PM 12-04-2011
I agree with those making the case for the ritual of savoring a smoke. I smoke 2 or 3 a week, and in the intervening days between smokes I'm pleased to remember how much I enjoyed the last one. If I were burning off a dozen a day, it would seem no different than going through a pack of cigarettes every day, just a mindless habit with no satisfaction.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up