Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Could you Would you?
Crownedone 09:58 AM 11-28-2011
I have read that men like Winston Churchill, Ernie Kovacs, and Mark Twain smoked 12-20 Cigars a day. Ernie Kovacs smokes Cubans, so here are my questions;

1.Would you smoke 12-20 cigars a day if money and time were not a factor?
2.If yes, what would they be? All the same or a mix?
3.If yes what size or does that matter.

My answer:
1.Yes, I have done 6-8 a day for 5 days before and believe I could increase and I plan on doing so one day. I currently smoke 2-3 a day with 4-6 a day on the weekends. Time and money are the 2 factors stopping me now.
2.They would definitely be a mix. They would have start with mild to med and to move up to a stronger smoke at the end of the day. Such as Oliva G, LaUncia 300, Perdomo Champaign, J. Fuego Origen, Macanudo maduro .
3.I think I would not smoke 12-20 6x60’s. Probably more robustos, double coronas etc…
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:02 AM 11-28-2011
I would say no.
Many health warnings claim that more than 3-4 a day, everyday, is considered excessive and is a high risk for health issues.
(Of course that is all just made up information)
I typically smoke about 1-3 a week during weekdays and about 4 on the weekends, for a total of about 3-7 a week.
If the health risks where non-existent, cost was no issue, my job allowed me to be productive while smoking and it was always 65 degress outside I would enjoy about 4-5 a day.
[Reply]
pektel 10:09 AM 11-28-2011
If "time is not a factor" means I would still have ample time to spend time with the wife and kids, then I would smoke to my heart's content. But that number falls WAY short of 12 cigars a day. I can just imagine the heartburn from that.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:16 AM 11-28-2011
Ideal for me is probably two a week. More than that and they lose a bit of "specialness" for me.
[Reply]
lenguamor 10:32 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I would say no.
Many health warnings claim that more than 3-4 a day, everyday, is considered excessive and is a high risk for health issues.
(Of course that is all just made up information)
I typically smoke about 1-3 a week during weekdays and about 4 on the weekends, for a total of about 3-7 a week.
If the health risks where non-existent, cost was no issue, my job allowed me to be productive while smoking and it was always 65 degress outside I would enjoy about 4-5 a day.
This. Freud smoked 12 a day and ended his life in constant pain due to having his whole jaw removed. When you get to a similar level I believe you put your risk markers exponentially higher than one or two a day; plus you're tempting fate.

And the truth is I just wouldn't enjoy it. I smoke primarily for the flavor, with social interaction a close second; at the rate of 8-12 a day, I don't think I'd be tasting much of anything anymore...and I doubt that any but the most hardcore here would want to be around me if I did...*phew!* :-)
[Reply]
big a 10:32 AM 11-28-2011
1. No way, that is just too many for me. I do not see myself ever smoking more than 3-4 a day if that. Since i only get to smoke 1-2 a week if that, I like to enjoy my smokes and taste all the different flavors. For some reason when I get up around 4 in one day that all goes out the window and they all start tasting the same.

2. If i was up to 3-4 a day it would have to be a mixture of smokes starting with the weakest first and working my way up.

3. I would go for something in the 5x50 range
[Reply]
RatherUneek 10:33 AM 11-28-2011
2-3 per day would be my max and even that would not be consistently everyday unless maybe I worked at a B&M or something.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 10:41 AM 11-28-2011
I smoke maybe 3 per week so definitely not.
[Reply]
Crownedone 10:46 AM 11-28-2011
This is great... the answers here are very interesting.
[Reply]
irratebass 11:37 AM 11-28-2011
1-2 a day, weekends 3-5.

No way I could do 20 a day, I agree with Doctorossi, they would lose that specialness.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:42 AM 11-28-2011
If there weren't any health consequences and I had the time and money, I would smoke several per day.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 11:53 AM 11-28-2011
A contributing factor, for me, is that I prefer long-lasting sticks. I'm usually smoking something that takes me a good hour-and-a-half to finish. I couldn't smoke that many of the kind of cigar I prefer in a day, if I tried.
[Reply]
maninblack 12:03 PM 11-28-2011
Heck no!! Its a little joy to light up a stogie, and I think if I smoked that many per day the joy would fade and it would be very habit forming. I wouldn't enjoy it near as much.
[Reply]
gator_79 12:26 PM 11-28-2011
Currently I smoke 2-3 per week, with maybe 2-3 per day when I'm on vacation and that is just about right for me.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:29 PM 11-28-2011
1. No.

2. N/A

3. N/A
[Reply]
kaisersozei 12:36 PM 11-28-2011
There are very few things that I would do 12-20 times per day. Cigars are not one of them.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 01:13 PM 11-28-2011
I'm retired and have plenty of time to do what I want. I live in a climate that allows me to smoke outside pretty much anytime I want. There are lots of cigar friendly establishments close by should the weather take a bad turn. I have a fairly large stock of cigars laid down.

I smoke one, occasionally two, a day. :-)
[Reply]
Apoco 01:26 PM 11-28-2011
Nahhh. That would be overkill - I'd be worried about burning out my taste buds at that rate.

I'd settle for 1-2 a day. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
cigardan 01:54 PM 11-28-2011
I smoke usually 2 per day, and sometimes 3-5 on Saturdays. I can't imagine smoking much more than this. On the few occassions where I've gone overboard (6+ in a day), I usually do not smoke for 1-2 days afterwards because my whole mouth feels scorched and I cannot taste anything from a cigar without a day or 2 break.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:55 PM 11-28-2011
I think 12-20 would ruin the "specialness" of enjoying a good stick. While during herfs, I do smoke anywhere from 5-10 sticks a day. But at the end of those days, my palate is toast and I don't think I could handle that on the regular basis.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up