Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Budgeting?
bobarian 08:51 PM 11-16-2011
Buy less weed-more cigars! :-)
[Reply]
kingcobradude 08:54 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
Get a cheaper meal plan. You'll enjoy the cigars more anyway.

Seriously tho I'm in college too and i understand what you mean. Basically i just cut spending and save up some money. Once i have enough to buy something i want, doesn't only include cigars, and i have enough set aside for rent and bills I will buy it.
same here. also get one of those one gallon cider jugs and put your loose change in it at the end of the day and dont take money out of it. when that thing fills up theres like 3 or 4 hundred dollars for cigars
[Reply]
Drez 08:56 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Flounder 09:15 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Hard to buy less weed...
[Reply]
CoreyD 10:36 PM 11-16-2011
i know plasma here in wi if you live in a city that has a plasma bank brings in 40-60 a week if you go twice depending on what their giving for visits, that helped me before my body rejected getting the blood back in. and my veins are a hassle so it became a hassle. As far as budgeting a lot of places have great deals sometimes you can pick up good sticks or sample packs of 20 or so for 39- 59 dollars and free fall auctions sometimes you can pick up a 10er for 25 so u get a box for 50.Since I work for a non profit my cigar buying goes pick up some good stuff on sale or when its a good price beit a 5er here or there or 10er than get the budget lesser smokes or deals to smoke daily when I feel the need to. For the little over a year I have been in this hobby I have been able to keep anywhere to 100-400 cigars that way.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 11:45 PM 11-16-2011
I'm unemployed right now so most of the cigars I purchase are from the irresistible deals that pop up occasionally, most under $20.

I start flight school/college in January so we'll see what happens then. I don't think I'll change my habits as I'll only have a small income coming from the VA monthly for "housing allowance" which is basically cash in pocket as I'm staying with my father for those 2 years since he's close to the school.

I need to put as much of that as possible into my savings so I think I'll still be on a very tight cigar budget. I only smoke 2-3 times a week anyway.

I'd like to get a part time job while in school but I need to focus 100% of my time on training. Going to be no easy task.
[Reply]
Flounder 12:25 AM 11-17-2011
My biggest wish is that we had a B & M that was legit, the only places we have that cell legit cigars are just head shops that sell bongs and bowls, always feel awkward in there, and all the employees are just stoners/ hipsters.
[Reply]
Crownedone 08:34 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by qsalinas:
When you figure it out let me know cause I'm spending $400-$600 a month on cigars. Not to mention all the money I have to spend on the wifey to keep her from saying something about my cigars. :-)
Originally Posted by pektel:
Budget?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

****Breath*****

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHHA!

Funny guy! :-)
Im with these guys....When I started smoking cigars I did not need a budget. I was a 1/2 a week I would pick them up on friday and smoke them that weekend.

Two things happened short time after that, (1) I began to really love cigars, thanks to Litto Gomez. (2) My income took a dramatic increase. My smoking increased to 2/3 a day nice stuff most of the time. No budget needed making good money.
Unfortunately nothing stays the same now income reduced by drastic amounts but I still love to smoke 1/2 a day. I can no longer smoke premiums every day so I go for the $1-3 smokes, bundles, cbid, with a premium or 2 on the weekends.
In order to not hurt the family budget I look for ways to make an extra buck here and there. Like moving freinds, scaping old junk, stuff I can due on an weekend afternoon etc...it adds up quick.
There are alot of econimical smokes out there some great, some not. I know, I have smoke hundreds of them and will smoke humdreds more.

Be creative.
[Reply]
poker 08:56 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Flounder:
My biggest wish is that we had a B & M that was legit, the only places we have that cell legit cigars are just head shops that sell bongs and bowls, always feel awkward in there, and all the employees are just stoners/ hipsters.
...and you're there how often per week? :-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 10:11 AM 11-18-2011
Have you checked out the Havana house in penfield? I haven't but i hear there selection isn't bad.
[Reply]
Flounder 11:43 AM 11-29-2011
Originally Posted by poker:
...and you're there how often per week? :-)
Haven't been there in a few months... rarely go. I haven't purchased anything since august and it was all online. So probably July was my last visit.

Have you checked out the Havana house in penfield? I haven't but i hear there selection isn't bad.
I forgot about that, a buddy of mine from work was talking about it a few weeks ago, might have to make the trip out there from RIT.
[Reply]
rebelknight 12:50 PM 11-29-2011
I forgot about that, a buddy of mine from work was talking about it a few weeks ago, might have to make the trip out there from RIT.
Yea it's about 7 minutes from my parents house. I'll be in town for about 3 weeks in december so if you're looking for someone to smoke with shoot me a pm
[Reply]
Flounder 08:22 AM 11-30-2011
Yea it's about 7 minutes from my parents house. I'll be in town for about 3 weeks in december so if you're looking for someone to smoke with shoot me a pm
Sounds good, you off to school or what? I get 3 weeks in December myself.
[Reply]
BlkDrew 08:30 AM 11-30-2011

I'm in Rochester also, if you are ever short, let me know. I have some spares. Plus I can always roll you one haha
[Reply]
Flounder 09:29 AM 11-30-2011
Originally Posted by BlkDrew:
I'm in Rochester also, if you are ever short, let me know. I have some spares. Plus I can always roll you one haha
I might take you up on a self rolled.. I've always wanted to try one. We'll keep you in the loop if we do get together this December.
[Reply]
rebelknight 03:22 PM 11-30-2011
Yea. Grew up in penfield. Went to mcquaid. Now I'm at ohio state.
[Reply]
Flounder 09:11 AM 12-01-2011
When did you graduate from McQ? I have a few friends that went there.
[Reply]
rebelknight 11:04 AM 12-01-2011
When did you graduate from McQ? I have a few friends that went there.
2008. Who do you know? It's a pretty small school so I might know them even if they didn't graduate in 08
[Reply]
Flounder 11:13 AM 12-01-2011
I am acquainted with August Wright, Adam Hecht grew up next door (Was McQ until 9th or 10th grade), I know William Markert relatively well (Sr this year).
[Reply]
rebelknight 12:10 PM 12-01-2011
August Wright is the only one that sounds familiar and I didn't know him that well, just saw him around school.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up