Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Question on Oliva's
BC-Axeman 01:54 PM 09-13-2011
Getting as hard to find and as respected as Guatemalan Zaya rum.
[Reply]
wayner123 01:56 PM 09-13-2011
Just a FYI, I have done side by side comparison's and feel confident enough to say that the El Cobre bundle cigars are almost the exact same flavor as the old cloth band blues. With a few years on them, I would bet they taste exactly the same.
[Reply]
shilala 02:16 PM 09-13-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Just a FYI, I have done side by side comparison's and feel confident enough to say that the El Cobre bundle cigars are almost the exact same flavor as the old cloth band blues. With a few years on them, I would bet they taste exactly the same.
Wayne, when I smoked my first El Cobre, I said the same thing. I even went so far as to start a :-)rumor that the El Cobre was the same blend as the old O maduro. I've been assured by an Oliva rep that the O maduro blend has never changed, he got that info from up the chain. I don't remotely believe it.
I find no difference whatesoever between the paper band O's and the silk O's. I do find a large difference between the new El Cobre's and the old El Cobre's.
Brother, if you have new El's and want to put this thing to test and comparison review it and stuff, I'll send you a paper blue band an old El Cobre ('08). I don't think I have any more blue silk O's left, or I'd offer that up, too.
Anything in the name of science, right?
PM me, will ya? I'd love to see you do this if you're willing. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up