Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Can we?
Blak Smyth 11:38 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
I think it had nothing to do with a question of cigar-vs-nocigar. I think it was all about how you could escape from a situation in which you felt trapped and were having no fun. It was not your 'type' of celebration. Guys don't belong at baby showers, they are arranged and planned for the girls, it is uncomfortable for us guys. Same thing with wedding showers. The games they play aren't designed or organized with men in mind.

And when it comes to them encouraging us to come along by saying things like, "but it is for guys and girls, you'll have a great time. You just need to get in touch with your feminine side." Smile, kiss her on the cheek, and say, "I just did honey. I'd love to get more in touch with my feminine side later :-). Why don't you just go and have a good time, you could use some ladies alone time. Love you!" And then kiss her again.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Well spoken, it's funny because you sounded just like her.

Originally Posted by Ogre:
Amen Brother Todd. Drop me off at the B&M on the way out. Pick me up on the way back!!!
That is a tactic I am slowly introducing into our relationship.:-)
[Reply]
Ender 11:43 AM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I have enjoyed many a celebration with a good cigar
I have enjoyed many a celebration with a bad cigar
I have enjoyed many a celebration with no cigar

I have also have been smoking a cigar and because it was so good it turned into a celebration.
I think that sums it up perfectly for me as well.:-)
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 12:09 PM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I have enjoyed many a celebration with a good cigar
I have enjoyed many a celebration with a bad cigar
I have enjoyed many a celebration with no cigar

I have also have been smoking a cigar and because it was so good it turned into a celebration.
Well said. My feelings exactly. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
kaisersozei 01:02 PM 08-09-2011
Great post, Todd, and I would agree with most of the guys on here in their responses, particularly Albert.

I went back to your post and everywhere you said, "cigar," substituted other means of celebrating: "beer," "good food," etc. The same sentiments pretty much held true.

Until I substituted "sex." Then I had to change my answers :-)

(and it was a pretty funny read :-))
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:13 PM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
Great post, Todd, and I would agree with most of the guys on here in their responses, particularly Albert.

I went back to your post and everywhere you said, "cigar," substituted other means of celebrating: "beer," "good food," etc. The same sentiments pretty much held true.

Until I substituted "sex." Then I had to change my answers :-)

(and it was a pretty funny read :-))
:-)
[Reply]
Glyveth 01:40 PM 08-09-2011
I'm rather enjoying this thread. Can I skip the shower and go the B&M as well? lol Too many women and lace and I gag. :-)

Edit: I'm so proud of myself. I ended the discussion. O.O
[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:10 PM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by Glyveth:
I'm rather enjoying this thread. Can I skip the shower and go the B&M as well? lol Too many women and lace and I gag. :-)
I have one woman and one woman only who I want to see in lace, and for that I'd happily forego browsing here, a cigar, a beer, a mixed drink, even supper. And, I'd rejoice to do so.
[Reply]
Steve 03:12 PM 08-09-2011
:-):-)
[Reply]
Steve 03:15 PM 08-09-2011
And btw, I agree with your original post Todd. For me, when it gets to the point where I "have to have" a cigar, drink, etc., it's time for me to step back and do some evaluating.

A cigar is "part" of the celebration, not "the" celebration.

[Reply]
RevSmoke 03:20 PM 08-09-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
And btw, I agree with your original post Todd. For me, when it gets to the point where I "have to have" a cigar, drink, etc., it's time for me to step back and do some evaluating.

A cigar is "part" of the celebration, not "the" celebration.

Of course, if I am at a supposed 'celebration' where it is not a smoke friendly environment, and I am getting angry that I cannot have a cigar, maybe it means that I need to leave. I am not enjoying myself there.

Otherwise, I agree.
[Reply]
Glyveth 04:13 PM 08-09-2011
I have one woman and one woman only who I want to see in lace, and for that I'd happily forego browsing here, a cigar, a beer, a mixed drink, even supper. And, I'd rejoice to do so.
There are places and times for lace. This sounds like one of those... :-)
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 05:12 PM 08-09-2011
Happy birthday. I agree smoking isn't the most important thing. Family is número uno. Plus after the families in bed you could always sit back and have a nice stogie.
[Reply]
Aporschaguy 05:13 PM 08-09-2011
Here here...
[Reply]
pnoon 05:20 PM 08-09-2011
Yesterday was my birthday and it got me thinking about something.

I know that many consider cigars as one of the most important activities in any celebration. And indeed, a good cigar is a fine way to enjoy special events and accomplishments. But...

Can we really say that we are celebrating if no cigar is involved? Absolutely.

Let me be the first to chime in.

On Sunday evening, a group of pastors and their families got together for our summer picnic. While there, the guys had cigars. Yesterday was my birthday and I didn't have one. Some of you may be thinking, "How could you celebrate your birthday and not have a cigar? It's inconceivable!"

I like to "enjoy" a cigar, and I couldn't really do that while doing the work I was doing in the morning with the smell of varnish and mineral spirits dominating. Running in and out of different places in Green Bay would have meant letting it go out and numerous relights, sometimes a cigar doesn't do well after sitting for an hour, or more. At supper, in a resaurant cigars are not allowed indoor at "public places" (sic) in Wisconsin.

Now, those were the externals involved with my day. The other factors were family. My sons enjoy the smell of a fine cigar, but my wife doesn't appreciate the smell of cigars. She doesn't tell me not to smoke, but she'd prefer I not taste of them. My wife is not a fan and cannot sit with me or others while smoking but she understands and appreciates the peace and relaxation it brings me.

How many of you find yourselves in similar situations in regard to your spouse (significant other)?

To be honest, I did think about what cigar I'd enjoy for my birthday Monday on Sunday evening. But, Monday came about I really didn't desire a cigar. Nobody around me that day was smoking, so there wasn't that temptation. And, I was enjoying the company of my family so much that I never really missed the cigar I didn't smoke to celebrate that day.

We have talked here about what makes cigars special, what makes them so enjoyable, and very often it is said that the company we were keeping during the smoking of those cigars was the most important factor to their enjoyment. While I certainly enjoy a good cigar alone, being in the company of others enhances the enjoyment.

Can we... say that the company we keep is indeed more important than the cigars? In a way, yes.

Can we... say that even without the cigars, the occasion can be grand? Most definitely. I have attended herfs having a cold and not being able to smoke just because of the people present.

Of course, I'd also conclude that in the right situation, with the right companions, a good cigar can also be a great addition to make an occasion special.

Can we... say that when we get upset about not being able to have a cigar, we may be looking past what is most important?

Just some thoughts.

So many great thoughts, Todd. I replied in red.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 07:00 PM 08-09-2011
First, Here's my wife's thoughts: We're on a work vacation (the wife is working, the twins and I are on vacation) in Austin. While stopped in San Antonio, I didn't buy anything while at the B&M there. When I told my wife, she said, "Oh, good..um, I'm sorry you didn't find anything".

As for the rest of your post, it's not so much as what you do as to what the meaning is behnd it.
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:23 PM 08-09-2011
Of course we can Todd :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:07 PM 08-10-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
So many great thoughts, Todd. I replied in red.
Your whole thing didn't come over here - and I really didn't take a whole lot of effort to try. I did want to echo what you said about your wife, for mine is much the same. While she doesn't want to be confined to a smoky room, she knows how much I enjoy a cigar - and how stress relieving it can be - and so she doesn't have a problem with it. She does however come about unglued if I light up a cigarrette, like I may do on occasion.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up