Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Get rid of the "cigar smell"
Bruzee 12:19 PM 03-17-2011
Happy wife = happy life!! :-)
[Reply]
JackSchwartz 12:39 PM 03-17-2011
My wife doesn't mind the cigar smell at all. Now if you have a good tip for getting stripper glitter off I'd really appreciate it! :-)
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 12:42 PM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by JackSchwartz:
My wife doesn't mind the cigar smell at all. Now if you have a good tip for getting stripper glitter off I'd really appreciate it! :-)
YEAH, that glitter is a pain in the A$$... :-)
[Reply]
Slow-N-Steady 06:12 PM 03-21-2011
Sounds like what I do everytime. lol

Only thing I can't figure out is how to minimize the smell in the house. It's cold in Ohio, so I enjoy the experience much more indoors...but at the end of the day it's smoke, what can we expect.
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:08 AM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish:
I'm sorry in advance if someone's covered this, but I think I have it mastered. I personally love the smell, but I know it can be offensive to non-smokers and people who just hate the smell of cigars. Here's the gameplan:

For your clothes:
Throw the "smoky" smelling clothes in the laundry, and get fresh ones on after your shower :-) (this is the failproof plan I've come to use)

For your breath:
A good brushing and Smart Mouth rinse.

For your hair:
Shampooing usually does the trick. Heck a shower will get it off most of your body except...

For your hands:
This is usually the hardest part... that cigar smell lingers on your hands even after vigorous washing with handsoap (multiple times. Trust me, I've tried everything). The best way I've found is to use alcohol-based hand sanitizer twice. Smell free!

Hope it helps y'all. I wish I had a reference like this when I first starting smoking. Smoke something good! :-)

Krishna
It may sound crazy, but the best way to clean your hands is to use some toothpaste... It really works -- use it like soap, scrub a bit and viola -- minty fresh hands :-) -- try it.
[Reply]
goatfarmer 01:05 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by Slow-N-Steady:
Sounds like what I do everytime. lol

Only thing I can't figure out is how to minimize the smell in the house. It's cold in Ohio, so I enjoy the experience much more indoors...but at the end of the day it's smoke, what can we expect.

Got fed up with sitting in the extremely cold and wet weather and recently started smoking cigars in the house. Have the floor model air purifiers, which works okay, but I still detect the residual cigar odor. Decided to purchased an ozone generator, called 'Odor Free Purifier' ; only used it a couple time and it seems to work. There have been occasions when other smokers have visited where the cigar smoke can be overwhelming. Within the next day or so I set the timer for 2-3 hours to return and unable to detect an odor. Had been considering purchasing the unit after a stopover in Reno and stayed in a motel room for smokers, I set the purifier on and return in a couple hours and find the odor gonee. Anyhow, intend asking non-smoking neighbors who just returned from vacation for their opinion.
[Reply]
timj219 01:47 PM 04-01-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
My wife knows how much I enjoy cigars, but she does not like them at all. So a little extra effort to ensure that I don't upset the balance of power in my house is not really work for me, its part of being married!

:-)
happy wife happy life
My wife likes me to clean up afterward too. I have good luck with lemon juice for removing cigar smell or any other from my hands. We almost always have lemons on hand because I like to use them in my water or soda water.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:19 PM 04-01-2011
Nice review!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up