Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Get rid of the "cigar smell"
Krish the Fish 05:48 PM 03-14-2011
I'm sorry in advance if someone's covered this, but I think I have it mastered. I personally love the smell, but I know it can be offensive to non-smokers and people who just hate the smell of cigars. Here's the gameplan:

For your clothes:
Throw the "smoky" smelling clothes in the laundry, and get fresh ones on after your shower :-) (this is the failproof plan I've come to use)

For your breath:
A good brushing and Smart Mouth rinse.

For your hair:
Shampooing usually does the trick. Heck a shower will get it off most of your body except...

For your hands:
This is usually the hardest part... that cigar smell lingers on your hands even after vigorous washing with handsoap (multiple times. Trust me, I've tried everything). The best way I've found is to use alcohol-based hand sanitizer twice. Smell free!

Hope it helps y'all. I wish I had a reference like this when I first starting smoking. Smoke something good! :-)

Krishna
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:40 PM 03-14-2011
Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Nathan King 06:50 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish:
I'm sorry in advance if someone's covered this, but I think I have it mastered. I personally love the smell, but I know it can be offensive to non-smokers and people who just hate the smell of cigars. Here's the gameplan:

For your clothes:
Throw the "smoky" smelling clothes in the laundry, and get fresh ones on after your shower :-) (this is the failproof plan I've come to use)

For your breath:
A good brushing and Smart Mouth rinse.

For your hair:
Shampooing usually does the trick. Heck a shower will get it off most of your body except...

For your hands:
This is usually the hardest part... that cigar smell lingers on your hands even after vigorous washing with handsoap (multiple times. Trust me, I've tried everything). The best way I've found is to use alcohol-based hand sanitizer twice. Smell free!

Hope it helps y'all. I wish I had a reference like this when I first starting smoking. Smoke something good! :-)

Krishna
I follow the exact same regimen each time I smoke with the exception of the mouth. I brush, use a tongue scraper, and rinse with a 50/50 solution of water and hydrogen peroxide. Indeed, the staining and odor on the hands is the most difficult to remove, but it can be done with a liberal use of alcohol based sanitizer.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:40 PM 03-14-2011
I usually do the complete opposite.

For my clothes I grab any t-shirt (they all smell like smoke) and if it's cold out I grab my jacket which has seen more smoke then a crowded bingo hall.

For my breath I make sure to brush before I smoke so the cigar taste is still on my tongue all day. Of course I give ample time so I still don't taste toothpaste.

For my hair well I make sure I shower before I smoke that way I smell like whatever I smoked (good)

My hands always smell like smoke, heck I just smoked. I know washing your hands doesn't get rid of the smell so I leave it.

If people are offended that I smoke I don't feel the need to hide it or make their day any better. Chances are half of them smell like some nasty perfume or cologne that is quite offensive.
[Reply]
loki 07:49 PM 03-14-2011
jebus that sounds like a lot of work for something that should be enjoyable
[Reply]
J0eybb 07:52 PM 03-14-2011
I scrub til I explode.
[Reply]
Eleven 08:22 PM 03-14-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
My wife knows how much I enjoy cigars, but she does not like them at all. So a little extra effort to ensure that I don't upset the balance of power in my house is not really work for me, its part of being married!

:-)
[Reply]
vzontini 09:52 PM 03-14-2011
For general cigar smoke odors in rooms I've found that the air sanitizer Ozium works wonders. I get the large cans for the house and a small one for the car. I have a carpeted smoking room that I smoke in daily. With a Rabbit air filter, an open window while smoking, and the Ozium it barely smells of smoke. I also try to keep the window open with the fan running for an hour or so after I finish smoking.

One note though with the Ozium. This is strong stuff. Only spray it when you are about to leave the room as it is over-powering after it is sprayed. Same for the car. Spray it on the way out and when you won't be back in there for several hours. I only spray the Ozium at night before going to bed. But the stuff works so I don't complain.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 11:43 PM 03-14-2011
My wife likes the way it smells so its all good, she says it smells like a man, and I am a lucky one!
[Reply]
timo 03:49 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I usually do the complete opposite.

For my clothes I grab any t-shirt (they all smell like smoke) and if it's cold out I grab my jacket which has seen more smoke then a crowded bingo hall.

For my breath I make sure to brush before I smoke so the cigar taste is still on my tongue all day. Of course I give ample time so I still don't taste toothpaste.

For my hair well I make sure I shower before I smoke that way I smell like whatever I smoked (good)

My hands always smell like smoke, heck I just smoked. I know washing your hands doesn't get rid of the smell so I leave it.

If people are offended that I smoke I don't feel the need to hide it or make their day any better. Chances are half of them smell like some nasty perfume or cologne that is quite offensive.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 03:53 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by loki:
Ditto. Glad it works for you and yours.
[Reply]
Stephen 05:35 AM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by Eleven:
My wife knows how much I enjoy cigars, but she does not like them at all. So a little extra effort to ensure that I don't upset the balance of power in my house is not really work for me, its part of being married!

If mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:48 AM 03-15-2011
Exhaust the smoke in the room and a smoking jacket are my two tips.
[Reply]
guitar4001 03:33 PM 03-15-2011
my wife uses some sort of body spray...it works well on the person, but not in the car.
[Reply]
bigmanfromou 04:39 PM 03-15-2011
Get rid of it?! Pftt!! I like it so much that I bough a cologne that smells like it. :-)
[Reply]
rebelknight 05:02 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by bigmanfromou:
Get rid of it?! Pftt!! I like it so much that I bough a cologne that smells like it. :-)
I think I own the same cologne
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 05:55 PM 03-15-2011
This is what I tell the people who have nothing better to do.

" I'm a grown man who loves to smoke cigars. So what if "I" smell like somke :-) Accept it & come to terms with it. How dare you tell I can't smoke. I strongly suggest you walk away before I become politically incorrect with your face. " :-)

99.9% of the time they just walk away with nothing more to say...
[Reply]
Blueface 06:03 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:

" I'm a grown man who loves to smoke cigars. So what if "I" smell like somke :-) Accept it & come to terms with it. How dare you tell I can't smoke. I strongly suggest you walk away before I become politically incorrect with your face. " :-)

Gotta tell you, not something you'll find in Dale Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people".:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 06:06 PM 03-15-2011
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD:

I bet I know what they are thinking, however. :-)
[Reply]
CigarDisciple 11:30 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
My wife likes the way it smells so its all good, she says it smells like a man, and I am a lucky one!
Ditto:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up