Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Lighting With Cedar
OLS 09:35 AM 02-27-2011
The force is hot with this one......

I have used cedar twice. It stresses me out too much. You have to be too careful to not burn the wrapper when
random pockets of volatile oils and resins ignite, burn yourself, or burn something else when the fire does something
weird. Torches are dangerous in their own right, but they tend to do pretty predictable things. Matches are somewhere
in between. I sometimes send cedar strips to the troops, since who knows what it's like over there in terms of lighting
apparati.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:37 AM 02-27-2011
I have tried this twice...and both times I either burned myself or torched the wrapper. Will not be using this method again.

But I enjoy giving Tbone crap each time he attempts to do it and usually almost burns down Baileys or lights his hair on fire. :-) :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:37 AM 02-27-2011
I've done it once years ago and got the most god-awful cedar overload for the first couple of puffs and couldn't taste anything but overwhelming cedar. After that, not again.
[Reply]
kickerb 09:42 AM 02-27-2011
Originally Posted by boom:
Cedar is a different animal.... Spanish cedar is part of the mahogany family.... be cautious with this....
oh i c, so it is best to just use the spills and sheet that are already in a cigar box, that would be a good sign they are Spanish cedar.

thanks!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up