Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone want to talk me down from the ledge?
neoflex 07:01 AM 10-19-2010
If you have no intentions of smoking them anytime soon, my vote would be for selling them and buying something else that you know you will smoke more regularly. Most of us are guilty of it and horde HTFs with good intentions of smoking them but just never find the right moment. Give them a loving home.
[Reply]
forgop 07:16 AM 10-19-2010
Some great support group I've got here...they'll be going up on the B/S/T forum today. :-)
[Reply]
Research-Colin 07:12 AM 10-20-2010
This is always a tough decision. Ultimately it is a personal one. Good luck to you. Fortunately there are always great cigars coming out and maybe when you are looking for something rare, someone else will be selling their rarities for you to scoop up.
[Reply]
OLS 07:39 AM 10-20-2010
I know you do not want advice out of ME, but I will tell you straight from someone who
buys everything and plans on keeping nothing. Think of it like a hard drive. YOUR LIFE
is on the drive, or so you think. You never back it up and then one day it goes out and
all that data is lost. But you wake up and it's still sunny, the russians have not taken
over, and you live your life with a minor inconvenience. Same with my VHS crap. I
recorded this, that and the other thing. Then one day, I lost my machine, and did not feel
like replacing it. All those programs, in stunning low fidelity, LOST forever. But in the
long run, I haven't missed anything but the poar-no, which I have replaced, as many of
you know, with french DVD poar-no.

You have stuff, you own it you lose it, life goes on, it's the fling of the week. If you
want something more, finance it with something you want less. You may be like me,
a whore for a sale, pressed onward by the thrill of the buy. In which case, don't put
too much stock in having anything in particular. There are only two things I have ever
owned that I wish I had never sold. A 1966 GTO and the other was a redhead I didn't own
or sell per se'.
[Reply]
357 08:18 AM 10-20-2010
Brad, you have a great perspective on life. Love talking with ya :-)
[Reply]
forgop 11:45 AM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
There are only two things I have ever
owned that I wish I had never sold. A 1966 GTO and the other was a redhead I didn't own
or sell per se'.
One day I'd love to have a '65-'67 GTO. My dad had 2 before I was ever born, but it was always fun hearing him talk about them. One of them was totaled as he drove from the dealership to the BMV to get plates as someone pulled out in front of him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up