Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>B&M ettiquete question
Superbad 09:08 PM 10-20-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Well no pics gents. She left just as I arrived tonight and as I was leaving I was banned from the store.

Evidently the two times that the owner then the manager stated they would prefer I buy and smoke their cigars really wasn't a preference. Each time I explained that I don't like to do that but to rest the cigars at home and that I would of course support the B&M with a $10-20 purchase average. That wasn't good enough either as I pointed out in the last 5 visits I bought three times for $104 total. But since the last two of those five visits were no purchase I am a bad guy.

I even explained that I have seen others enter smoke and leave with no purchases. Those according to the manager are regulars that they know. I guess a new guy isn't afforded the chance to become a regular.

Anyways if you are ever in Houston or from the area and want to know what B&M NOT to go visit just let me know.
Damn. Sounds like they don't want your business. My local really puts on the hard sell for higher end smokes. I have pretty much given up on them and go to a B&M an hour away.
[Reply]
guitar4001 09:53 PM 10-20-2010
it is hard for me to buy a single at a cigar store or bar just to smoke when I have so many cigars at the house going unsmoked. That being said, I do not smoke my own cigars at a cigar store because I did it in the past and got some lip from regulars and got the impression that such behavior offended the owner. I understand.
[Reply]
Chingas 10:16 PM 10-20-2010
I have had real good luck I suppose. I have been in many cigar stores from Jersey to Cali and Maine to Florida and have never really had an issue with any.

That being said. I've only had 1 that I've become a regular at besides just popping in once or twice on a trip.

Regardless, I hope you find yourself a new B&M that threats you well and has super hot, perfumeless ladies working there.
[Reply]
Eleven 10:46 PM 10-20-2010
That's pretty harsh, I would think a warning would be in order. Who in the world just wants to lose business these days?

My local B&M has a sign that says 'You are welcome to smoke cigars purchased here'. I have never smoked there, I do my deed and gtfo. They usually have a crowd of 'regulars' on one side, and random solo or the occasional buddies smoking on the other.

I always assumed, but never tested the theory that if I ever wanted to smoke there I would bring what I wanted to smoke, but I would also make a purchase.

Unless I was one of those 'regulars' I would never just assume I could walk into a retail establishment with my own smoke and fire it up. That is what street corners are for :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 11:15 PM 10-20-2010
To me if you bring your own smokes and make a purchase you should be fine. Also if you make at least 3-4 purchases there a month and you've at least introduced yourself to the owner if once in a blue moon you bring a smoke light it up and don't find anything....that should be okay. It's not your fault they didn't get the new limited blah blah blah or they are out of what you wanted.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:50 PM 10-20-2010
I figure if I buy 3 smokes and smoke 3 of my own, the owner should be happy to have my business. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:31 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I figure if I buy 3 smokes and smoke 3 of my own, the owner should be happy to have my business. :-)
What he said!!
[Reply]
357 06:34 AM 10-21-2010
I agree. The local B&M chain I usually end up in is great. They have smaller lounges at most locations, but I always buy 1 or 2. I have never bought more than 7 at a time, and I always smoke there. Usually I smoke what I brought in my travel humi. Never had an issue or ever even had it mentioned. I DO make sure I buy before I light up, but it really shouldn't matter.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:44 AM 10-21-2010
Well no pics gents. She left just as I arrived tonight and as I was leaving I was banned from the store.

Evidently the two times that the owner then the manager stated they would prefer I buy and smoke their cigars really wasn't a preference. Each time I explained that I don't like to do that but to rest the cigars at home and that I would of course support the B&M with a $10-20 purchase average. That wasn't good enough either as I pointed out in the last 5 visits I bought three times for $104 total. But since the last two of those five visits were no purchase I am a bad guy.

I even explained that I have seen others enter smoke and leave with no purchases. Those according to the manager are regulars that they know. I guess a new guy isn't afforded the chance to become a regular.

Anyways if you are ever in Houston or from the area and want to know what B&M NOT to go visit just let me know.
Are you sure you didn't let rip a massive chili cheese dog with sauerkraut fart in the walk-in?
[Reply]
kydsid 07:30 AM 10-21-2010
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Are you sure you didn't let rip a massive chili cheese dog with sauerkraut fart in the walk-in?
nope never pulled a peter.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Volt 07:34 AM 10-21-2010
Just no figuring out a B&M :-)

I tried to set up a 14 - 16 person herf at a B&M, but it fell through because all cigars smoked there had to be purchased there. Is business/the mark up that good on cigars they will refuse a 5 - 7 hour herf session? We know herf/B&M ettiquite. I was planning to get a 30 ct travel humi way over the interweb as a way of thanks. The rest would have purchased, etc to help out the business.

Who the h3ll wants to smoke some stick fresh out of a B&M humi unless you have to. Most are soggy at 70 - 77 in RH. Ugh. Business is business, what does being a "regular" have to do with anything? You might have become a "regular" with better treatment.

Which to sum it up is why we smoke in my shed with the lawn mower, rakes and other implements of lawn destruction. As the owner - my only rule is to try and have a good time :-) BTW, the weekly shed herfing starts tonight at 1800.
[Reply]
md4958 08:16 AM 10-21-2010
Being a regular doesnt really matter sometimes either. I wont give Az0n any more business (I was formerly a member) because of the way they treated TRicker (another regular, and former member)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:17 AM 10-21-2010
nope never pulled my peter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Somehow I am skeptical. :-)
[Reply]
357 08:53 AM 10-21-2010
Somehow I am skeptical. :-)
It's his Tom, he can wash it as fast as he wants to :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up