Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>B&M ettiquete question
kydsid 02:00 PM 10-16-2010
so im sitting in the b&m with a cigar and football and a new female employee comes in to work. she walks through the store and now all i can smell and indeed taste is her damn perfume. is this something i can tell her not to wear, especially now that she is stinking up the humidor. or should i tell her coworker or the owner in of course a vaque way.

ps really sucks cause shes cute as hell
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
icehog3 02:03 PM 10-16-2010
Send her to my place for a shower and a "lesson", Jason. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:06 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by icehog3:
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:09 PM 10-16-2010
I would constructively tell her -- something like "I really like your perfume, but it makes it difficult for me to detect the subtle odors and flavors of the cigars".

If that does not work I would tell the owner the same thing. Don't tell the co-worker -- it puts him/her in the middle of something that is not really their business.
[Reply]
Bill86 02:11 PM 10-16-2010
Something tells me the humidor would have a different funky smell.....
[Reply]
icehog3 02:12 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Something tells me the humidor would have a different funky smell.....
If by "funky", you mean "awesome", then yes....yes it would. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:13 PM 10-16-2010
I would discreetly talk with the owner about it and not say anything to her, at all. I'm sure the owner will understand.
[Reply]
kydsid 02:24 PM 10-16-2010
and she smokes cigars and has good taste ie it isnt an acid, gah.

hog, provided you dont like seconds. even my gf thinks shes cute. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
hotreds 02:25 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I would discreetly talk with the owner about it and not say anything to her, at all. I'm sure the owner will understand.
:-) He should be made aware that she's overpowering everything with her perfume.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 02:29 PM 10-16-2010
:-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:41 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
and she smokes cigars and has good taste ie it isnt an acid, gah.

hog, provided you dont like seconds. even my gf thinks shes cute. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
If you weren't my friend, I'd suggest you have your gf drive her over. :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 04:15 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I would constructively tell her -- something like "I really like your perfume, but it makes it difficult for me to detect the subtle odors and flavors of the cigars".

If that does not work I would tell the owner the same thing. Don't tell the co-worker -- it puts him/her in the middle of something that is not really their business.
perfect answer
[Reply]
MedicCook 04:21 PM 10-16-2010
:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 04:38 PM 10-16-2010
"We now offer stripper flavored cigars!"

New marketing campagn? I think so! Better patten it before Johnnathan Drew sees this!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:46 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
That is about all you can do. You can preface that it does smell nice, but is not "right" for this setting. I think she'll get it and not take offense.
[Reply]
neoflex 07:57 PM 10-16-2010
Now that was the perfect answer.:-)
[Reply]
Stinky 10:46 PM 10-16-2010
They might as well put up a big billboard that says:

This girl just doesn't get it!

( . . . the "IT" would be this whole cigar thingy )

Did you know:
Cigar factory workers are not allowed to wear any type of perfume or cologne because tobacco will absorb slight odors.
And this guy calls himself a Tobacconist?

Hey! This is just my opinion. If her perfume is so strong that you can smell it in a cigar smoking lounge. . . she just doesn't have a clue and probably never will. An overly strong dose of perfume means she needs (and wants) to be noticed. Also just my opinion. She won't make it unless her response to "Loose the Perfume, honey." is met with understanding.

What should YOU do? Wait until you and the owner are alone without anyone within earshot. Be very clear. Be very decisive. Be brief. Again, just my personal opinion. I just don't like it when anyone (man or woman) wearing an overpowering coating of perfume/cologne. . . even outside a cigar/tobacco shop. To me, a woman with 'class' wears only a "hint" of perfume you detect when you're close. Too much perfume tends to make a woman seem "cheap" . . . Again, just my opinion. And what I'd tell the owner; "Next time I get a nose full of her perfume, it will be my last time here."

Ok. I shared my honest opinion . . . now let er rip!
[Reply]
loki 10:54 PM 10-16-2010
just start coughing and giving her the stink eye every time she's around
[Reply]
Matt-N-Ga 11:00 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by loki:
just start coughing and giving her the stink eye every time she's around
HAHAHAHA, I'll bet she doesn't get it
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:05 PM 10-16-2010
Originally Posted by Stinky:
They might as well put up a big billboard that says:

This girl just doesn't get it!

( . . . the "IT" would be this whole cigar thingy )

Did you know:
Cigar factory workers are not allowed to wear any type of perfume or cologne because tobacco will absorb slight odors.
And this guy calls himself a Tobacconist?

Hey! This is just my opinion. If her perfume is so strong that you can smell it in a cigar smoking lounge. . . she just doesn't have a clue and probably never will. An overly strong dose of perfume means she needs (and wants) to be noticed. Also just my opinion. She won't make it unless her response to "Loose the Perfume, honey." is met with understanding.

What should YOU do? Wait until you and the owner are alone without anyone within earshot. Be very clear. Be very decisive. Be brief. Again, just my personal opinion. I just don't like it when anyone (man or woman) wearing an overpowering coating of perfume/cologne. . . even outside a cigar/tobacco shop. To me, a woman with 'class' wears only a "hint" of perfume you detect when you're close. Too much perfume tends to make a woman seem "cheap" . . . Again, just my opinion. And what I'd tell the owner; "Next time I get a nose full of her perfume, it will be my last time here."

Ok. I shared my honest opinion . . . now let er rip!
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking the whole time reading the replies. Cute or not, she is doing a huge No-No for the cigar industry. She needs to drop the perfume or fine a new profession. I would be all over the owner of the cigar shop about it and be very clear that her overpowering perfume is not very appealing for serious cigar shoppers.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up