Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>iPhone coming to Verizon
rack04 06:15 AM 10-07-2010
If I had the option to use my iPhone on Verizon or AT&T I would choose Verizon in a heartbeat. I never had a single dropped call in the 6 years I was with Verizon. I have numerous dropped calls with AT&T. However, I wouldn't give up my iPhone for anything. Granted I have a 3gs with none of the problems that the 4 is plagued with.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:56 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by Stick:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/20011..._a_minute.html
I'm aware of the rumors, but didn't know the genesis of them. I guess I won't hold my breath either. My contract has been up for over a year now.:-)
[Reply]
357 07:07 AM 10-07-2010
Windows Phone 7 out this month, can't wait.
[Reply]
AD720 07:27 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
Windows Phone 7 out this month, can't wait.
Isn't it going to be a UK only launch?

I'm actually sort of interested in Windows Phone. A little. I was hamstrung with a Windows Mobile 6.0, and then 6.5 phone for two years before I switched to Android so there is still a pretty bad taste in my mouth but the new software looks interesting. The issue is the generic-azation of the hardware, the requirements are really restrictive and all the phones are looking exactly the same, even down to screen size so if I want a 4.3 inch Windows Mobile 7 phone I guess I am out of luck.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:52 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:

I'm actually sort of interested in Windows Phone. A little. I was hamstrung with a Windows Mobile 6.0, and then 6.5 phone for two years before I switched to Android so there is still a pretty bad taste in my mouth but the new software looks interesting. The issue is the generic-azation of the hardware, the requirements are really restrictive and all the phones are looking exactly the same, even down to screen size so if I want a 4.3 inch Windows Mobile 7 phone I guess I am out of luck.
Besides all that....................just keep one thing in mind.....................

WINDOWS!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!
[Reply]
shilala 07:57 AM 10-07-2010

I'd like to give a windows 7 phone a try.
I ran windows mobile on a touchscreen/stylus slider phone a number of years ago, and it was sheer hell. The phone was just horribly unintuitive.
It had promise, then they just kinda dropped it, or I was unwilling to revisit that hell, don't remember which.
I'm more than willing to try a windows 7 phone, but I'd like to wait a year or two.
[Reply]
ucla695 08:02 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Besides all that....................just keep one thing in mind.....................

WINDOWS!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!
That was my first thought. :-)
[Reply]
357 08:30 AM 10-07-2010

http://www.kokeytechnology.com/gadge...r-htc-hd7-too/
Per the link above, official specs of the HTC HD3 have been released:

■Windows Phone 7 OS and pre-installed applications
■HTC Sense and App Widgets
■1 GHZ Qualcomm QSD 8250 processor
■512MB ROM + 8GB non-removable microSD card
■576MB RAM
■4.3-inch TFT 800×480 capacitive multi-touch screen display
■5-megapixel CMOS camera with autofocus, Dual-LED Flash and 2-step camera control
■Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
■Wi-Fi b/g/n
■HSPA+/HSDPA/HSUPA UMTS
■USB 2.0
■3.5mm audio jack and built-in microphone
■Enhanced audio with Texas Instrument chip
■Assisted GPS
■Accelerometer
■Proximity Sensor
■Ambient Light Sensor
■Kickstand
■Removable battery 1,230mAh

And some pics:
[Reply]
jmsremax 10:29 AM 10-07-2010
That phone looks old school (screen and icons). Decent hardware though. :-)
[Reply]
AD720 11:39 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
http://www.kokeytechnology.com/gadge...r-htc-hd7-too/
Per the link above, official specs of the HTC HD3 have been released:

■Windows Phone 7 OS and pre-installed applications
■HTC Sense and App Widgets
■1 GHZ Qualcomm QSD 8250 processor
■512MB ROM + 8GB non-removable microSD card
■576MB RAM
■4.3-inch TFT 800×480 capacitive multi-touch screen display
■5-megapixel CMOS camera with autofocus, Dual-LED Flash and 2-step camera control
■Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
■Wi-Fi b/g/n
■HSPA+/HSDPA/HSUPA UMTS
■USB 2.0
■3.5mm audio jack and built-in microphone
■Enhanced audio with Texas Instrument chip
■Assisted GPS
■Accelerometer
■Proximity Sensor
■Ambient Light Sensor
■Kickstand
■Removable battery 1,230mAh

And some pics:
Wow color me corrected. And interested. A little. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 07:59 PM 10-07-2010
I am ready to kill some users that will not stop whining about wanting an iPhone... :-)
[Reply]
Goldie 08:44 PM 10-07-2010
Joke's on Verizon. They were offered first shot at the iPhone while I was still working there and they passed because they thought it would be too expensive and people wouldn't buy it.

Oops
[Reply]
jmsremax 09:06 PM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
Joke's on Verizon. They were offered first shot at the iPhone while I was still working there and they passed because they thought it would be too expensive and people wouldn't buy it.

Oops
:-)

I couldn't agree more....I believe Apple changed their mind because growth has been tapering off since the launch of the Andriod OS phones. When I decide to get a new phone I don't know if I want an iphone at this point. Kudos for Google for going up against Goliath.
[Reply]
VTDragon 10:08 AM 10-08-2010
A couple of years ago the prospect of a Verizon iPhone would have excited me, they were the best out there for a while, but since I've had my Droid Incredible I can see no real advantage to the iPhone vs it. I'll stick with my Droid.
[Reply]
loki 11:17 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by VTDragon:
A couple of years ago the prospect of a Verizon iPhone would have excited me, they were the best out there for a while, but since I've had my Droid Incredible I can see no real advantage to the iPhone vs it. I'll stick with my Droid.
i don't get the droid love. i've played with a few of them and they're just meh to me
[Reply]
ir13 11:37 AM 10-08-2010
Verizon will get the Iphone when the LTE network is up and running. LTE is the next gen of cellular service.

It would be stupid of apple not to capitalize on the 30% marketshare* that the big V holds.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up