Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>What are good watch brands *not uber expensive*
petewho 02:44 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by SeanGAR:
Hard to beat Seiko or Citizen. I haven't seen a reasonably prices Swiss watch in 10 years or so ... used to be you could get a nice Glycine, Epos, Fortis, Oris, Revue Thommen or Zeno for under $400. Not any more. And mechanical watches are cool, but normally need servicing each 5-8 years, which is not cheap. Seiko mechanicals are basically throw away .. it would cost as much to service as buy a new one unless you are lucky and have a good watchmaker nearby.
:-)
I own two Oris, some Invictas, and many-many-many Seikos (all are automatic). The Seikos are by far the best value and are very durable. Some of my Seikos are from the early 70's and still going strong.
[Reply]
DBall 02:50 PM 11-05-2008
I didn't see the name Skagen around... I love mine!
[Reply]
Cigary 03:22 PM 11-05-2008
Hard to beat a Seiko as I have had one for almost 25 years and has never,,ever given me trouble. I have about 3 movados but that will put you into the uber pricing, unless you get them in the Carribean,,super cheap with no tax.
[Reply]
DMK 03:24 PM 11-05-2008
I've had my Pulsar for going on 24 yrs. Three crystals and I don't know how many batteries, but it's my daily wearer and has taken a beating....
[Reply]
floydp 03:37 PM 11-05-2008
I wear a Seiko military auto to work and a Citizen eco the rest of the time. Have a few other Seiko's from 5 years(quartz) to almost 30(Auto) years old. Never had any trouble with either brand.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:07 AM 10-24-2010
Happen to see the Omega online for sale. This is a lot of watch for the money. Triple date and Chrono is quite fancy and from a good brand like Omega. Site had it for $1,150.00!

I am not connected to the vendor, justing passing a nice along to whomever may be interested.
[Reply]
GolfNut 11:14 AM 10-24-2010
I quit wearing a watch about 7 years ago when I finally quit working for someone else. It felt like a shackle to me. But, my preference then was a Wenger brand watch. There are some awfully good deals on these if you search around and they are a quality piece.
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:36 AM 10-24-2010
Seiko, Hamilton, Mido, Marathon, Boschett, Longines, Welder, Bathys, and Ball.
[Reply]
Patrick B 11:57 AM 10-24-2010
I have two watches and both are Bulova. Paid about $200 a pop and I love both of them. They do eat batteries pretty regularly, though.
[Reply]
BigCat 12:51 PM 10-24-2010
My wife bought me a watch from Kenneth Cole - I've had it for about 6 years now - it is a really nice watch and she paid about $150 for it. I still get complimented on it regularly.
[Reply]
Buckeye Jack 02:02 PM 10-24-2010
Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I have two watches and both are Bulova. Paid about $200 a pop and I love both of them. They do eat batteries pretty regularly, though.
Got a Bulova Marine Star back in February and love it. Haven't had to change the time on it once. Just curious, roughly how often do you have to change your batteries? Haven't had to change them yet on mine.
[Reply]
joeobx 02:29 PM 10-24-2010
http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/...320R-1EV!Casio

Ive had this watch for the last 3 1/2 - 4 yrs and it has taken a beating, did just buy a new G shock GIEZ because I got tired of the the Casio
[Reply]
BigFrank 05:16 PM 10-24-2010
I have a Freestyle Shark Diving watch. I paid under 50$ for it 15 years ago. It still works. Ive had to replaced the batteries twice and the wrist band once. I almost never take it off. I've done everything with it and it still works.
[Reply]
Resipsa 08:00 AM 10-25-2010
any of you watch guys have any info on bueche-girod watches?

Was given one as a gift a long time ago (circa 1995), was thinking about starting to wear it again. Haven't worn a watch in eons.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:05 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
any of you watch guys have any info on bueche-girod watches?
They use to be made in Biel up till the late 1970's and moved to Geneva. I think their hayday was a while back (at least while they were in Biel). If your watch is from the 60's, it should be pretty well decorated movement.
[Reply]
Resipsa 09:09 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
They use to be made in Biel up till the late 1970's and moved to Geneva. I think their hayday was a while back (at least while they were in Biel). If your watch is from the 60's, it should be pretty well decorated movement.
No, 1995. Still a very nice looking watch, don't know about the movement.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up