Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>What a douchebag
J0eybb 02:54 PM 02-26-2010
Congrats Gramps.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:09 AM 02-27-2010
Sorry to hear.
I would hope for their sake that they can figure it all out and he can get his head together.
Most important thing to that child aside from your daughter is having his father around.
Hope all works out well.
[Reply]
looking for know 12:40 PM 02-27-2010
Congratulations on the new addition to your family. May the baby remains healthy and your daughter remain strong.

As for the douchebag, I'm going to take an opposing position. Having toughed out a relationship with a woman I despised for 13 years, because we shared a child, honestly, sometimes these decisions are best made as soon as possible. This was better than leading her on, cheating, and all the other things that go with a bad relationship. I'm sorry your daughter has to go through this, but Sharing in the birth, growth, and development of a child does not require a girlfriend-boyfriend or marriage-based relationship. :-)
[Reply]
CasaDooley 12:42 PM 02-27-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Find that DB and serve him with papers quickly before he leaves the jurisdiction. Petition for a blood test to establish paternity and then establish Child Support according to the guidelines in your state. There are local agencies who can help if you cant afford an attorney. Dont wait on this even if you can support them both now, things could change in the future. If he is working then get his wages attached, and even though it may be difficult, keep track of his job changes and moves if you can. Check his MySpace and Facebook pages for any other ammunition you can use in court.

I know this sounds harsh but its in your daughter and grandsons best interest to get this process started sooner than later. :-)
:-) and Congrats on the grandchild!
[Reply]
Starscream 12:44 PM 02-27-2010
Find that DB and serve him with papers quickly before he leaves the jurisdiction. Petition for a blood test to establish paternity and then establish Child Support according to the guidelines in your state. There are local agencies who can help if you cant afford an attorney. Dont wait on this even if you can support them both now, things could change in the future. If he is working then get his wages attached, and even though it may be difficult, keep track of his job changes and moves if you can. Check his MySpace and Facebook pages for any other ammunition you can use in court.

I know this sounds harsh but its in your daughter and grandsons best interest to get this process started sooner than later. :-)
:-)

Congrats on the new grandchild!:-)
[Reply]
eber 12:50 PM 02-27-2010
Congrats on the granddaughter, I agree with bobarian too about getting the ball rolling ASAP on the paperwork and court stuff.
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 02:34 PM 02-27-2010
Congrats on the Grandson! I would hunt the biatch down and beat the crap out of him, but that's just me.
[Reply]
Tredegar 03:04 PM 02-28-2010
Thanks for everything. I asked my stepdaughter to do a gender check, and yep, it's still a girl. :-)

It seems like my stepdaughter is also pretty much over the dude too. I feel there will be some ramifications down the road but overall I feel she is a lot better off without him.

Oh, and just to show how much of a loser he is, he has no real job, no car (he wrecked his truck last summer and never had any money to get another), and lives with some friends on their couch I believe. I have no real address for him but I do know he's in the National Guard.
[Reply]
Cigary 03:24 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by Tredegar:
Thanks for everything. I asked my stepdaughter to do a gender check, and yep, it's still a girl. :-)

It seems like my stepdaughter is also pretty much over the dude too. I feel there will be some ramifications down the road but overall I feel she is a lot better off without him.

Oh, and just to show how much of a loser he is, he has no real job, no car (he wrecked his truck last summer and never had any money to get another), and lives with some friends on their couch I believe. I have no real address for him but I do know he's in the National Guard.
That's actually good news to know he's in the Guard as they frown on their people being in this position and will come down hard on them unless they are responsible for their actions both in and out of the Guard. If this guy is that much of a loser he's not the kind of Father the baby will need in it's life,,,that is why there are Grandpas!
[Reply]
jaydub13 05:14 PM 02-28-2010
Thank God your granddaughter has someone like you in her life. Positive male role models are crucial to girls as they grow up, whether that be a father, uncle, or in this case, stogie-smokin grandpa. Both your stepdaughter and her baby are better off without that piece of shite around to screw things up in the future.

Congratulations on both the new addition to the family, and on losing that dead weight!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:24 PM 02-28-2010

:-)

Even if he has nothing now you can eventually get back pay at some point. This may help for college later. Sorry to hear he's a douche but congrats on the new granddaughter!
[Reply]
bobarian 05:26 PM 02-28-2010
Originally Posted by Cigary:
That's actually good news to know he's in the Guard as they frown on their people being in this position and will come down hard on them unless they are responsible for their actions both in and out of the Guard. If this guy is that much of a loser he's not the kind of Father the baby will need in it's life,,,that is why there are Grandpas!
:-) Be sure and pen a letter to his CO, he will make sure that this loser keeps up with his obligations.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up