Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Best Buy's "optimization" services are a joke...
PeteSB75 01:27 PM 01-05-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Yes your behavior is always the most important factor. If you wouldn't open the strange package from god no's where (ironic with bombs from here I agree) then why click the strange link. ?

That said don't trust Firefox, it is too global. The most recent malware studies found over half of recent attacks and malicious applications attacked Firefox, in other words just as bad as IE. Your current options to provide the safety Firefox once did are either Google Chrome, if you accept the privacy implications, or Opera.
I use Chrome - but then I also have a google phone, so they know everything about my electronic habits anyway - i.e. I spend 95% of my surfing time on CA and news sites for 8 months of the year. The other 4 months are spent on CA, news sites and fantasy football.
[Reply]
kaelaria 02:02 PM 01-05-2010
Surprisingly I'm really liking MS Security Essentials.
[Reply]
tsolomon 02:36 PM 01-05-2010
Gave up on AdAware and Spybot a couple of years ago. Been using Spy Sweeper as my standard and the free online version of BitDefender as a backup. I have heard good things about Malwarebytes, so maybe it's time to give it a try.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 07:11 PM 01-05-2010
$100 is fine for compensation for some of the wrecks I've had to fix.

As for Spybot and Adaware being not so good anymore, I tend to agree with that statement about Adaware since it's turning into bloatware, but Spybot is always a go to for me, followed by malwarebytes.
[Reply]
BigFrank 07:31 PM 01-05-2010
I purchased a PC from best buy 3 years ago set for gaming. I have done NOTHING to it since then. I talked to them in store to see about having it "optimized" at the year mark. And pretty much a lot of what is done can be done on one's own time. Also, they just use freeware to clean up potential issues.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:15 PM 01-05-2010
Like those "extended warranties" they try to pitch you all the time. I understand THAT is the one commission sales folks get there- if they sell an extended warranty.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up