Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
General Discussion>I lost a snake...
tsolomon 07:38 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
That works for a breeding population, but if you're looking to display an animal, it won't help all that much, honestly, which is what it sounds like he wants to do.
...and they're native to Florida. :-) The premier corn snake breeder is still there, if I'm not mistaken. Bill and Kathy Love wrote the book on corns.
Just about all of my corns came from Bill and Kathy and they did write the book on corns, but that was many years ago. At that time, I was breeding and raising Bearded Dragons and Old World chameleons, but my daughter wanted a snake to cuddle with and corns were good starter snakes. As for housing them, I guess with all the cages and aquariums already around the house, there just wasn't any room left to display the corns. I not only had the reptiles, but all the crickets, superworms and flies to feed them, I was a bug farmer as well. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 09:18 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
Just about all of my corns came from Bill and Kathy and they did write the book on corns, but that was many years ago. At that time, I was breeding and raising Bearded Dragons and Old World chameleons, but my daughter wanted a snake to cuddle with and corns were good starter snakes. As for housing them, I guess with all the cages and aquariums already around the house, there just wasn't any room left to display the corns. I not only had the reptiles, but all the crickets, superworms and flies to feed them, I was a bug farmer as well. :-)
Awesome. I used to have Leopard Geckos and a couple Veileds. Had an opportunity several years ago to get a beautiful Panther (didn't know the locality) for $100, but didn't pull the trigger, and I'm still kicking myself about that one. :-)

As of right now, all I have are a pair of corns, a Dumeril's ground (from the Bean Farm, who are friends of mine), and a Green Tree Python (from Signal Herp). Check this out for a few pics of some of the things I have/had and such.
[Reply]
rack04 09:46 AM 12-02-2009
Originally Posted by RGD.:
:-)

Unless I could get a good bead on him with my 12 gauge.

Ron
This reminds me of the scene in Ratatouille when the lady was shooting up her house trying to kill the rat. :-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 06:32 PM 12-02-2009
Still no luck finding the thing. I tore my room apart, moved the fridge, and stove today. I think hes either in my parents room or the computer room,,,
[Reply]
zonedar 06:50 PM 12-02-2009
I'll send you my hunting buddy's cell. Snakes always seem to find him.
[Reply]
Dux 06:59 PM 12-02-2009
Hope you find him soon..
[Reply]
Titan410 11:31 AM 12-03-2009
I just got my first snake, a Royal Python (aka Ball Python). What a cool animal. I can therefore empathize with you in losing your snake. I hope you locate him (or her) safe and sound.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up