Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
General Discussion>I lost a snake...
smokeyandthebandit05 10:06 PM 11-29-2009
I lost a snake I JUST got. Its a small corn snake about a foot or so long. I put it in a tupperware container to feed it. I had it in there with a screen top and heavy thermometer not thinking it would get out. Well it did and now cant fine it ANYWHERE in my room. I took everything out of a basket of stuff, took out everything under my bed and dresser. Not there. I emptied my closet floor and found nothing. My dad knows but I havent told my mom yet but its fine cause she used to raise and keep snakes and that kinda stuff with a previous husband. My door was closed and I dont think it got out under it and the cats and dog havent found anything yet.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would catch this thing? Right now I just have a heating pad on, on the floor. My brother suggested getting an infrared light and shining it on the pad. Ive looked around the internet to see what other people have done and they say try the stick mouse traps, putting flour or baby powder on the floor to see where they have been goin to.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:10 PM 11-29-2009
I am sure you will find it curled up with you during the night.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:14 PM 11-29-2009
Don't fret, it will find you. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:19 PM 11-29-2009
Sorry, I've never owned a corn snake. I just have a trouser snake.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:24 PM 11-29-2009
A friend of mine actually suggested a mongoose and I actually took the baseboard heater off the wall. He wasnt under or in it. And I think the fridge it too far but I'll look in the morning
[Reply]
Darrell 10:26 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by smokeyandthebandit05:
A friend of mine actually suggested a mongoose and I actually took the baseboard heater off the wall. He wasnt under or in it. And I think the fridge it too far but I'll look in the morning
So then you will have a mongoose and snake loose in your house?

GREAT idea. :-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:34 PM 11-29-2009
lol I never said it was a good idea. I dont even know where to get one in Northern NJ. I could fly to Africa and get one...
[Reply]
BradNC 10:36 PM 11-29-2009
lol

Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Sorry, I've never owned a corn snake. I just have a trouser snake.

[Reply]
Dux 10:38 PM 11-29-2009
Yup real easy way to find him :-)

Lay out a rock and point a heat lamp at it. Leave it in the last place you saw him, he/she should come out when it senses the heat. Just make sure you watch the heat lamp in your house so you dont start a fire..

I found my Bearded Dragon using this trick. Heating pads are ok but the snake will be attracted to the UV and Heat from the Bulb.

good Luck

-Dux/Doug
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:43 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by Dux:
Yup real easy way to find him :-)

Lay out a rock and point a heat lamp at it. Leave it in the last place you saw him, he/she should come out when it senses the heat. Just make sure you watch the heat lamp in your house so you dont start a fire..

I found my Bearded Dragon using this trick. Heating pads are ok but the snake will be attracted to the UV and Heat from the Bulb.

good Luck

-Dux/Doug
Im goin to do this tomorrow. Conveniently my brother lost the milk snake he found at his house and said that I should just go buy another one and if/when I find this one to give it to him. My corn snake only cost $10 so its not like I lost a $150 snake
[Reply]
Dux 10:45 PM 11-29-2009
Im goin to do this tomorrow. Conveniently my brother lost the milk snake he found at his house and said that I should just go buy another one and if/when I find this one to give it to him. My corn snake only cost $10 so its not like I lost a $150 snake
This works best when the tempature in your house is at its lowest :-)
[Reply]
Dux 10:47 PM 11-29-2009
Oh and trick #2

If it eats live food you can put crickets in a container, the noise should get the snakes attention.
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 10:49 PM 11-29-2009
Originally Posted by Dux:
Oh and trick #2

If it eats live food you can put crickets in a container, the noise should get the snakes attention.

That is a good idea. When I get crickets from the pet store for the gecko they dont make noise
[Reply]
Fumes 11:15 PM 11-29-2009
I'm not really a snake fan, but my wife is. A couple years ago we acquired a ball python which managed to escape. Instead of telling me that the snake got out, my wife went out and bought another one and put it in the enclosure so I wouldn't know. The next day I heard one of the dogs barking at something in the bathroom. I went in and much to my surprise found a ball python on the bathroom floor.

Got a terrier?
[Reply]
alley00p 11:15 PM 11-29-2009
That is a good idea. When I get crickets from the pet store for the gecko they dont make noise
Of course, then one of the crickets will get out, hide and drive you nuts, when it DOES start chirping.... :-)

Or, send a PM to Tanith... she's really into raising and keeping snakes! I think she works with them for her job!

Good Luck!

:-)
[Reply]
Eleven 12:08 AM 11-30-2009
You pretty much know what to do now, find the warmest spot and there he is. Make the warmest spot and he will come.

I lost a snake in a Uhaul once. Drove from Ohio to Iowa and realized he was gone when I got there. Luckily it was my Ball Python and not that crazy evil Yellow Rat Snake I owned at the time. He was curled up in the seat, I had to tear it out to get him uncoiled from the springs inside!

Hope you find yours!
[Reply]
adampc22 12:38 AM 11-30-2009
in my experiance mate (i used to breed snakes as a job) the more you look for it the more it will hide. most of the time thay just turn up out of the blue in places like sinks and stuff like that were there is water . i had a snake show up in the washing machine once was fine and dandy. i would avoid the cricket in a tub idea mate as all thay will do is fill your house with anoying crickets and the snake wont care about them as u know thay eat meat not insects , like i said mate the best thing to do is just to keep you eyes open if u move all the stuff about in your house all you will do is scare the snake into moveing to a diff hideing spot . hope that helps mate i once had a nile monitor escape in a moveng car we had to take the car apart to get the lil bugger out lol
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:40 AM 11-30-2009
pm Tobii for help :-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 06:45 AM 11-30-2009
Thanks Adam for your advice. I sent TanithT a PM.
[Reply]
tobii3 06:58 AM 11-30-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
pm Tobii for help :-)
As if I would go LOOKING for a snake.

&^%$ THAT!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up