Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>OK, I blew it - mrsreindeer's bday tomorrow...HELP
kydsid 09:24 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Hahahaha, totally...yeah, I'm digging this one too....I just wonder if I can squeeze it...
Well I have seen Saphire bracelets for around $200 pretty regularly. In fact I think my Aunt has a bracelet given to her by my Uncle with a birth stone for each of their children and grandchildren that he added to as they were born.

May I suggest, assuming you have a good credit score, is take advantage of one of the large chains in store credit card/financing.

When my brother got married I bought matching watches at Kay or some such place. They offered me 5% off right off the bat but said 10% with credit. I responded with 30% to which they said no and we agreed on 20% off with it on credit. Of course I was spending a bit more, but still.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:24 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
How about a photograph of the current family with a ultrasound of the new addition and a nice frame. That should make her happy and cry tears at the same time.
I like this. You could even show her that a little high tech isn't bad by getting a digital frame. That way you can have a little slideshow going showing all the pictures and easily able to add new ones w/o getting rid of old ones.
[Reply]
dunng 09:29 AM 07-27-2009
Pushing presents... First baby was the other diamond band and the latest was a new car stereo and Ipod. :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:58 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
If you go with the ring, and if you plan to have more children, be sure to buy a ring that will allow the addition of more birth stones when needed!
I like it....

Originally Posted by kelmac07:
How about a nice piece of crystal commentorating (ones where you can get your personal comments inprinted or laser etched) the birth and some flowers.
Interesting...

Originally Posted by DPD6030:
How about a photograph of the current family with a ultrasound of the new addition and a nice frame. That should make her happy and cry tears at the same time.
I like it...I'd have to move fast! :-) Not that I'm not up for the challenge...

Originally Posted by kydsid:
Well I have seen Saphire bracelets for around $200 pretty regularly. In fact I think my Aunt has a bracelet given to her by my Uncle with a birth stone for each of their children and grandchildren that he added to as they were born.

May I suggest, assuming you have a good credit score, is take advantage of one of the large chains in store credit card/financing.

When my brother got married I bought matching watches at Kay or some such place. They offered me 5% off right off the bat but said 10% with credit. I responded with 30% to which they said no and we agreed on 20% off with it on credit. Of course I was spending a bit more, but still.
I'm still bitter about the yellow quartz & moonstone bracelet I bought her in Hawaii and she never wears! :-)

But that's a damn good price! I'll keep my eyes open.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:59 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I like this. You could even show her that a little high tech isn't bad by getting a digital frame. That way you can have a little slideshow going showing all the pictures and easily able to add new ones w/o getting rid of old ones.
Good point...
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:00 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Pushing presents... First baby was the other diamond band and the latest was a new car stereo and Ipod. :-)
Nice Greg!

So what do our SOTL's have to say on the topic, huh?

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up