Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>OK, I blew it - mrsreindeer's bday tomorrow...HELP
mrreindeer 08:27 AM 07-27-2009
As a lot of you know, I'm gonna be a Baby Daddy (hate the term, but yet it's irresistable, sorta like me.... :-) )....

And well, the pregnant mrsreindeer is always so hard to buy gifts for....and now it's even worse....and I owe her BIGTIME because she's carrying our love child.

She always wants clothes and well, now since she's, uh, bigger (do not share this thread with her please :-) ), she doesn't want clothes.

She wanted a purse but they're sold out of the purse. And seriously, how thoughtful is a purse anyway?

So what the heck do I do?? I'm usually pretty creative & super thoughtful you know, I'm just suffering from creativity blockage.

I took her out to a nice dinner on Saturday but I need to get her something or do something real nice. And she's not much for massages either...

What do you experienced brothers & sisters suggest??

HELP!!!

Thanking you in advance!!!
[Reply]
shilala 08:34 AM 07-27-2009
I'd get her a new fly rod and a box of Litto Gomez Diez Chisels. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:35 AM 07-27-2009
write her a note on a little yellow sticky saying "You're gonna be a great Mom" with flowers..

$5 says you'll be working on making another baby in no time :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:36 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'd get her a new fly rod and a box of Litto Gomez Diez Chisels. :-)
:-) you know Scott, I'm so desperate, I just might! :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:36 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
write her a note on a little yellow sticky saying "You're gonna be a great Mom" with flowers..

I like it...
[Reply]
bigloo 08:37 AM 07-27-2009
Netbook! Seriously, she will get a ton of use out of it. I know several new moms who have one and use it all the time around the house as it is easy to carry around to were baby is.
[Reply]
md4958 08:38 AM 07-27-2009
Dave, get her something memorable. In Italian culture (at least in Southern Italy) when A wife has a child the husband usually gets her a piece of jewelry. When my son was born I got my wife diamond stud earrings. Dont know what your budget is, but you can justify it as a birthday/ birthing gift.
[Reply]
md4958 08:39 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:

youve never delt with a hormonal pregnant woman. Ill take that bet!!
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:41 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:
Netbook! Seriously, she will get a ton of use out of it. I know several new moms who have one and use it all the time around the house as it is easy to carry around to were baby is.
hmm....I didn't think of this...not bad...I like it...but she once told me that if I ever got her an appliance (I think technology fits in the same category) for her birthday, she'd kill me...I'm thinkin....

Originally Posted by md4958:
Dave, get her something memorable. In Italian culture (at least in Southern Italy) when A wife has a child the husband usually gets her a piece of jewelry. When my son was born I got my wife diamond stud earrings. Dont know what your budget is, but you can justify it as a birthday/ birthing gift.
Sorry Moe, I blacked out when you mentioned jewelry....but when I came to, I realized it's a good idea.......
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:41 AM 07-27-2009
youve never delt with a hormonal pregnant woman. Ill take that bet!!

:-):-)
[Reply]
hotreds 08:45 AM 07-27-2009
Maybe a ring with the birthstone of the baby-to-be?
[Reply]
md4958 08:45 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
(I think technology fits in the same category) for her birthday, she'd kill me...I'm thinkin....
well, another thought might be her OWN digital camera. something small and sleek she can keep in her purse or the baby bag, and tell her you figured she would be taking lots of pictures when the baby reindeer is born so she should have her very own camera. make it pink or red or some chit to make it special
[Reply]
GreekGodX 08:49 AM 07-27-2009
What about a Lladro or similar figurine. I'm sure they have some kind of piece that is family related. I know my mom has one that is called "Priceless Moment". It shows a mother and father with their baby.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 08:52 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Maybe a ring with the birthstone of the baby-to-be?
I like it....what the heck is September...Sapphire...oooh.....she likes that...damn it.

well, another thought might be her OWN digital camera. something small and sleek she can keep in her purse or the baby bag, and tell her you figured she would be taking lots of pictures when the baby reindeer is born so she should have her very own camera. make it pink or red or some chit to make it special
While a very very good idea (seriously), she's not a 'take-picture' kind of gal. I'm lucky I have that pic of her in a bikini when she was 16 ( :-) )....but aside from that, there's no picture record of the gal at all until I entered the picture...funny how the pic when she was 16 was cut in half and there's a dude's hand on her shoulder.... :-) I'm not ruling this one out Moe...still falls in the technology category...and we know how she feels about that...

Really appreciate your suggestions guys, keep 'em flowing!!! :-):-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:00 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
What about a Lladro or similar figurine. I'm sure they have some kind of piece that is family related. I know my mom has one that is called "Priceless Moment". It shows a mother and father with their baby.
I'll check it out...see what I'm dealin' with, she's so tough...not really the figurine kinda gal either...man, she's tough...but I'm going to check it out, thx!
[Reply]
kydsid 09:00 AM 07-27-2009
I'll second the jewelery with the birth stone if you can afford it. To me that seems like a really nice gift so much I will have to file it away in the memory.

May I suggest that if cost is a factor to still go this route and do a small necklace or bracelit but present it to her tied around a group of flowers with a small note.

And just be glad the baby isn't going to be born in January. :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 09:12 AM 07-27-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I'll second the jewelery with the birth stone if you can afford it. To me that seems like a really nice gift so much I will have to file it away in the memory....
And just be glad the baby isn't going to be born in January. :-)
Hahahaha, totally...yeah, I'm digging this one too....I just wonder if I can squeeze it...
[Reply]
hotreds 09:16 AM 07-27-2009
If you go with the ring, and if you plan to have more children, be sure to buy a ring that will allow the addition of more birth stones when needed!
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:18 AM 07-27-2009
How about a nice piece of crystal commentorating (ones where you can get your personal comments inprinted or laser etched) the birth and some flowers.
[Reply]
DPD6030 09:21 AM 07-27-2009
How about a photograph of the current family with a ultrasound of the new addition and a nice frame. That should make her happy and cry tears at the same time.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up