Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>I've Not Written Off Any Brands Yet
jjirons69 07:52 PM 04-16-2009
Not a big Camacho fan either, Dave. Don't really like any light natural that tastes like hay, no matter who makes it.

Tech_ninja brought an Iguana to a PPP last year. I swore those bastards off!
[Reply]
Fumador 09:19 PM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
I love Skankin Pickle :-)
I could not believe this guy had a Skankin' Pickle shirt on.:-)

I have been thinking about them lately for some reason. When did they break up?
[Reply]
Pat1075 09:32 PM 04-20-2009
I've written off Acid due to consistent headaches and naseau as a result of smoking them.
At one time I had written off CAO and now I'm giving them a fair shake again and finding many of them to be quite enjoyable.
[Reply]
macpappy 04:27 AM 04-21-2009
I'm really going out on a limb here but I won't smoke anything made specifically for Thompson.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:44 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
I think Puros Indios set my record for shortest time I've smoked a cigar. About a sixteenth of an inch in and I knew I didn't like it. :-)
This is "Weird"! Had a Puros Indios on a Cruise & it was fantastic! Bought a box when I got home, let them rest 3-6 months or longer, and smoked 3-4. Each one tasted like dog S**T! Must have been the Cruise!:-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:46 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:
I'm really going out on a limb here but I won't smoke anything made specifically for Thompson.
:-) In fact, I won't buy "ANYTHING" from Thompson!!!:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 08:46 AM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by macpappy:

Amen to that.

But in the case of this thread, for me there is a difference between trying and buying. There are certain brands that I will never again lay down cash for based on so many bad experiences. However, if somebody said, "Here...try this new blend from _________" I would try it with an open mind.
[Reply]
ca21455 04:56 PM 04-21-2009
Yes, I must admit I have written off Thompsons. Ordered once, had more problems with that order then all the other orders I have made combined.
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 05:03 PM 04-21-2009
It's hard, if not impossible for me to write off an entire line. For me, variety is part of the fun. I tend to like much of what I smoke. But I was so close to writing off CAO. Until I tried the Brazilia. That's one fine cigar. Haven't tried to GOL and Italia yet, but I'm thinking I'll like those as well. But didn't like the others I tried, including the MX2.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:03 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
It's hard, if not impossible for me to write off an entire line. For me, variety is part of the fun. I tend to like much of what I smoke. But I was so close to writing off CAO. Until I tried the Brazilia. That's one fine cigar. Haven't tried to GOL and Italia yet, but I'm thinking I'll like those as well. But didn't like the others I tried, including the MX2.
Very close to my experience with CAOs as well....the only ones I really liked were the Brazilias, and that's they only reason I didn't write the line off.

For the record, I tried the Italias, thinking much like you did...but I did not care for them al all.
[Reply]
Ragin Cajun 10:11 PM 04-21-2009
Originally Posted by ca21455:
The Nubs do not live up to the hype, but I remember one out of a sampler I tried was ok. In my opinion the ring gage is too large for such a short cigar. But I would not write off Olivia because of the Nub. They make some of my favorites!
I'll agree to that with one exception, they don't live up to the hype FOR ME. I've smoked quite a few cigars, not as many as some and more than others, I have yet to find one that I dislike so much I've ruled it out.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:27 PM 04-21-2009
I liked the Nub Havana I tried, but not enough to buy a box. Too many other things to smoke.
I have found a lot of cigars I stay away from, but not brands.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:41 PM 04-21-2009
So far I have managed to stay away from both Gurkha and Rocky Patel, want to try a couple of each, but with the reviews read so far have no idea what to go for. Was told I should try The Beast and Edge Sumatra.

In general, I stay away from Dominican tobacco, so not brands per se, but a region I have written off.
[Reply]
ca21455 06:45 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by Mr Edmundo:
I like the Brazil, enough to buy a box of Gols, which are my favorite. Another CAO I really enjoy is the 10th Anniversary Perfecto Maduro, are really fabulous smoke. The CAO Criollo Pampa is an excellent small smoke, but I do not care a lot for the larger sizes. I will pick up an Italia Ciao anytime there is a pack on sale, they are a great yard gar. I agree on the MX2, they never did anything for me. The Black Bengal is another one I will get if on sale. Has a nice smooth quality to it.

Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
So far I have managed to stay away from both Gurkha and Rocky Patel, want to try a couple of each, but with the reviews read so far have no idea what to go for. Was told I should try The Beast and Edge Sumatra.

In general, I stay away from Dominican tobacco, so not brands per se, but a region I have written off.
My favorite Gurkha is the Lengend series with the Anniversario being my favorite. The rest of the Gurkhas I have not been wild about but do not dislike. The Edge Sumatra is Rocky's best IMO but I always have a box of the OWR Corjo Robusto and Cuban Blend Torpedos on hand. Also have a box of the I-Press Extreme Toro which is a pretty good smoke. The Decade is also a good line but I only purchase them when on sale for $5 or less.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up