Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Please look - damaged package
Savor the Stick 05:59 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Yes, especially when it is for a charitable donation. I don't like to jump to conclusions, but you say it was taped up very well and that only leaves one scenario.

How about we turn this into something positive. What was in there?

Maybe between the bunch of us we can replace it all.

This is up to Fred if he wants to pursue it...as far as making a claim.

2lbs of 65% Beads I bought from Cigarnomy. Anonymous donation from: my beads for cigars thread.
3 cigars for Fred:
Oliva V double robusto
Mont #4-cc
Party de Party #1-cc

[Reply]
AD720 06:08 PM 04-09-2009
Well I've got an Oliva V for Fred. I've been meaning to send him a fiver for the troops anyway.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:10 PM 04-09-2009
Well I've got an Oliva V for Fred. I've been meaning to send him a fiver for the troops anyway.
Thanks, Andrew!:-)
[Reply]
AllOGistics 06:17 PM 04-09-2009
That is terrible. I can't believe that they did that to you. Hopefully, it's the last. I've never had that happen and never seen that before.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:21 PM 04-09-2009
I can cover the #4!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:23 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I can cover the #4!
Thanks, James!:-)
[Reply]
AD720 06:36 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Thanks, Andrew!:-)
My pleasure. The box is all packed so if someone can shoot me Fred's addy this goes out tomorrow.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:37 PM 04-09-2009
My pleasure. The box is all packed so if someone can shoot me Fred's addy this goes out tomorrow.
I need the addy too...will ship out tomorrow!
[Reply]
longknocker 06:38 PM 04-09-2009
I would guess it's in that first picture, but not 100% sure.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 06:40 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I would guess it's in that first picture, but not 100% sure.
It is indeed...duh! :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 06:54 PM 04-09-2009
This is the 1st package I sent to Fred. I sent 2. I hope the next one gets to him that has a 10'er for the troops and another 3 for Fred.:-)

I gotta calm down......it's just stuff after all.

[Reply]
hotreds 07:33 PM 04-09-2009
Makes you wonder if it's worth getting the DC! Sure- it arrived- but empty! This IS terrible, but, happily, unusual. Just think of places like Latin America and Africa- you just about need to send anything Registered!

Still- this is bad, and you would think that the DC should allow some sort of tracing as to where the contents vanished!
[Reply]
ECPrevatte 07:59 PM 04-09-2009
That sucks. I have been using insurance and DC#'s to protect myself after I have learned the hard way from some dishonest customers.

I also can say this with tons of bad experiences. USPS does a terrible job. If I offended you, please come to Austin and you can see why. Prior to a couple months ago my old mail man wouldn't deliver mail until around 8:30-9:00 PM. He would also bring the packages to the door, but leave the mail in the box...talk about lazy.

I have had more than the every-once-and-a-while package go missing, or be damaged. I have had several packages returned, or never even attempted to be delivered to my house.

Sorry you got a package like that. Best of luck!
[Reply]
macms 11:27 PM 04-09-2009
Sorry I'm late in responding. First, I have received hundreds of packages from you guys and this is the first time I've ever had a problem. For what it's worth the USPS does a pretty good job IMHO. Sh*t happens and I appreciate Kevin's unselfish and generous effort. :-)

If this was intentional you could have sealed this in a 55gal drum and not have prevented theft. Maybe we should start using those explosive dye packages that banks use for the hold-up money! :-) :-)

Thank you to all who stepped up in true inmate fashion to help make this right and support the troops. :-)
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 03:43 AM 04-10-2009
Wow, that really sucks. Not to pile on the USPS guys but if you give any dishonest guy a job with an opportunity to steal he's gonna take it. I'm sure your package wasn't the first to be emptied by this creep, and won't be the last. Until someone that works with him and knows what's going on turns him in, it's probably xmas everyday for this @ss.

:-)
[Reply]
AD720 07:47 AM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by ad720:
my pleasure. The box is all packed so if someone can shoot me fred's addy this goes out tomorrow.
0103 8555 7497 6282 8918
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:13 PM 04-10-2009
Sent out my portion...and maybe a few extras :-)
[Reply]
drob 09:46 PM 04-10-2009
Just a little "food for thought," so to speak.

http://www.aircargoworld.com/archives/reg4_feb01.htm
[Reply]
Bubba - NJ 09:28 PM 04-12-2009
Something similar once happened to me with an order from Cabelas . I ordered a pocket knife and a few days later the box came , no knife , just the box that the knife was once in . I called Cabelas and they sent a replacement right out in an unmarked box . Kudos to Cabelas ! Sorry for your theft problem . :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up