Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Please look - damaged package
macms 03:13 PM 04-09-2009
Thank you Kevin. Please PM me as I can't find your username.

I received an empty and flattened box today that was stamped "MAIL RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENT" as you see below. This is the first time this has happened in literally hundreds of shipments to me.

Mailed in Anaheim, CA

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:14 PM 04-09-2009
Fred, Kevins avatar is Savor the Stick...

and I wonder where the "contents" went to??

[Reply]
replicant_argent 03:14 PM 04-09-2009
not good. A good reminder for us all to use about 24 cents more tape than you think you should.
[Reply]
Tikihut27 03:44 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
and I wonder where the "contents" went to??

[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 03:45 PM 04-09-2009
Wow...sorry to hear about that
[Reply]
Tikihut27 03:51 PM 04-09-2009
Mail carriers are uniformed service members, right?

I kid, but that's a shame. Every so often something like this happens, but remember all the millions and millions of pieces of mail that make it through without no problems. All in all, they do a great job.

But it is too bad this happened.
[Reply]
shadow king 04:23 PM 04-09-2009
That doesn't look good at all. From the size of the box, looks as tho some mailroom worker in America is happy tonight. I've never been a big fan of reusing boxes in the mail. They seem to break down pretty quick. Priority boxes are the way to go.
[Reply]
ChasDen 04:38 PM 04-09-2009
That sucks for everyone involved. A few weeks back UPS damaged a package of mine in CA. They shipped it back to me and charged me return freight.

They damaged it Sent it back and charged me again :-)

When I called about a claim, the hoops I have to jump through just aint worth the hassle, and THEY KNOW IT, thats why they make it so hard!

Chas
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:39 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by Tikihut27:
Mail carriers are uniformed service members, right?

I kid, but that's a shame. Every so often something like this happens, but remember all the millions and millions of pieces of mail that make it through without no problems. All in all, they do a great job.

But it is too bad this happened.
:-) Its that one in a million that really pisses people off!
[Reply]
floydpink 04:41 PM 04-09-2009
sorry to hear that.

I, like an idiot, mailed cash to all my nephews and nieces (7 total) over Christmas, and all but 2 came back as opened without contents.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:42 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
sorry to hear that.

I, like an idiot, mailed cash to all my nephews and nieces (7 total) over Christmas, and all but 2 came back as opened without contents.
you are chitting me
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 04:49 PM 04-09-2009
Thanks Fred for letting me know.
That really burns me. I had taped it up real good, someone deliberately opened it. :-):-):-):-):-)

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 04:53 PM 04-09-2009
So the question is, where did the package get opened at? There has to (or should) be an entry made when the box was first noticed opened and then scanned with a written entry indicating same. Time to contact a postal inspector and start pinpointing the area of the theft...
[Reply]
AD720 04:59 PM 04-09-2009
Not to talk bad about any of the fine folks that work for the US postal system but we pretty much have to have everything but bills sent to our work addresses now. My fiance was really hurt that she got no birthday cards...turns out that over 10 were sent. Some with checks, some with cash, some with gift cards. The P.O. did absolutely nothing, the investigation went nowhere and nothing has changed at all. It is going be tough to try to put "send gifts and cards to my work address" on tactfully our wedding invitations. :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 05:06 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Not to talk bad about any of the fine folks that work for the US postal system but we pretty much have to have everything but bills sent to our work addresses now. My fiance was really hurt that she got no birthday cards...turns out that over 10 were sent. Some with checks, some with cash, some with gift cards. The P.O. did absolutely nothing, the investigation went nowhere and nothing has changed at all. It is going be tough to try to put "send gifts and cards to my work address" on tactfully our wedding invitations. :-)
This makes me sick that stuff for the troops(and Fred) would get ripped off. Also that there might not be anything that can be done. I never thought of insuring it.
[Reply]
AD720 05:09 PM 04-09-2009
Yes, especially when it is for a charitable donation. I don't like to jump to conclusions, but you say it was taped up very well and that only leaves one scenario.

How about we turn this into something positive. What was in there?

Maybe between the bunch of us we can replace it all.
[Reply]
ChasDen 05:14 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
Consider renting a box at The UPS Store or Mail Boxes Etc.
They have commercial addresses and they inform you when you have mail :-)

Chas
[Reply]
BobbyRitz 05:34 PM 04-09-2009
Damn, Fred. Sorry to hear this.
[Reply]
shortstory5 05:35 PM 04-09-2009
Sorry to see what had happened. Must have been pretty big too! Lots of postage paid there!
[Reply]
stitch 05:44 PM 04-09-2009
I have used USPS shipping for my leather goods for years with no problems
BUT ...Everything I ship is insured for the full price of goods, And I hve invoices to prove it.
An extra 50 cents to $2. is worth it ... But if it's lost or stolen they will ask you for proof of value.
That is where the adressed invoice comes in .... Old saying ...
Fu@# Me? ....Noooooooo ... Fu## YOU!.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up