Page 3 of 3
< 123
Sports>Chicago Bears Land Cutler
St. Lou Stu 04:45 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Or someone from free-agency:-)
True. Buress is out there.....

On a side note:
I actually went to the pre-season Bears v. Broncos game a few years ago at U of I Memorial Stadium. Cool place to see a pro game. nice and cozy.
[Reply]
icehog3 04:49 PM 04-03-2009
Or someone from free-agency:-)
I believe that's the plan.
[Reply]
Whee 04:51 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
How about Jack Concannon? :-)

Bobby Douglass is as far back as I go. I didn't know you were THAT old.:-):-)

At least you didn;t offer up Sid Luckman.:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:54 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
True. Buress is out there.....

On a side note:
I actually went to the pre-season Bears v. Broncos game a few years ago at U of I Memorial Stadium. Cool place to see a pro game. nice and cozy.
I would rather see either of tj houshmandzadeh, antonio bryant, or even toomer. I didnt even know buress was a free agent.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 04:56 PM 04-03-2009
I would rather see either of tj houshmandzadeh, antonio bryant, or even toomer. I didnt even know buress was a free agent.
He is as of today or yesterday.

Housh and Bryant would be nice choices. Cutler needs some good coaching. I don't know how Shanahan didn't get him any help. Maybe Lovie can knock the crap outta him to set him straight!?!?!?
[Reply]
forgop 05:02 PM 04-03-2009
I was reading it was his senior year. - http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...auer112504.htm
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...ers/60508.html
I didnt know he also got benched his sophomore year too.
Oh, I just remembered this and didn't go to the SI link...his senior year he hurt his hip flexor on both sides and came out. He was a Heisman candidate up until that point.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:02 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Bobby Douglass is as far back as I go. I didn't know you were THAT old.:-):-)

At least you didn;t offer up Sid Luckman.:-)
Coccannon was the first Bears QB I remember....throwing to George Farmer. :-)

I saw George Blanda play, but not with the Bears...he was backing up Johnny Unitas for the Baltimore Colts. :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 05:07 PM 04-03-2009
Damn Tom, I had no idea you were that old.
Should I bring some Geritol with the Ron Centrenario to the golf and herf?
Do I need to rent a cart or can I strap my clubs on your Rascal? :-)
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 05:09 PM 04-03-2009
Houshmenzadah was signed by Seattle a month or two ago. Antonio Bryant was franchised by Tampa.
[Reply]
icehog3 05:09 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:
Damn Tom, I had no idea you were that old.
Should I bring some Geritol with the Ron Centrenario to the golf and herf?
Do I need to rent a cart or can I strap my clubs on your Rascal? :-)
I could carry the foursomes' clubs myself and not break a sweat. :-) :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:17 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by forgop:
Oh, I just remembered this and didn't go to the SI link...his senior year he hurt his hip flexor on both sides and came out. He was a Heisman candidate up until that point.
"The first half saw the 6-3 3/4, 217-pound Orton stake the Boilermakers to a 5-0 start and a top-five ranking. Orton, 22, threw for 1,642 yards, 18 touchdowns and two interceptions in those five games while quickly becoming a top Heisman Trophy candidate.

However, in the next four games, the Boilermakers went 0-4 and plummeted out of the Top 25, with Orton throwing for just 591 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions. Orton missed one start because of injury and was even benched for ineffectiveness during a loss at Northwestern."

He apparently had some bad games his senior year that also didnt help his chance at Heisman.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:18 PM 04-03-2009
Originally Posted by Beer Doctor:
Houshmenzadah was signed by Seattle a month or two ago. Antonio Bryant was franchised by Tampa.
Nice. Well, that narrows it down even more.
[Reply]
forgop 05:25 PM 04-03-2009
"The first half saw the 6-3 3/4, 217-pound Orton stake the Boilermakers to a 5-0 start and a top-five ranking. Orton, 22, threw for 1,642 yards, 18 touchdowns and two interceptions in those five games while quickly becoming a top Heisman Trophy candidate.

However, in the next four games, the Boilermakers went 0-4 and plummeted out of the Top 25, with Orton throwing for just 591 yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions. Orton missed one start because of injury and was even benched for ineffectiveness during a loss at Northwestern."

He apparently had some bad games his senior year that also didnt help his chance at Heisman.
You ever try to play QB with 2 hip flexor injuries? He was awesome until he was hurt.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 05:33 PM 04-03-2009
You ever try to play QB with 2 hip flexor injuries? He was awesome until he was hurt.
I wouldnt have let him play against n.western if that was the case. Also the back to back losses agaisnt wisconsin and michigan before N.western didnt help. He had a great start to the season going 5-0 I believe.
[Reply]
Whee 05:49 PM 04-03-2009
TJ went to Seattle a couple of weeks back.
[Reply]
forgop 05:56 PM 04-03-2009
I wouldnt have let him play against n.western if that was the case. Also the back to back losses agaisnt wisconsin and michigan before N.western didnt help. He had a great start to the season going 5-0 I believe.
Looking back, I wouldn't have either. He wasn't the same once he got hurt in the UM game and then hurt the other hip the following week. He actually held us back, but if he's hurt too bad to play, it's a coach's decision to make.
[Reply]
Benzopyrene 06:11 PM 04-03-2009
Damnit! Now I have to get tickets to go see them play at least once if they are going to be good! Gotta show my boy Daniel Manning some ACU love!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:34 PM 04-03-2009
Looking back, I wouldn't have either. He wasn't the same once he got hurt in the UM game and then hurt the other hip the following week. He actually held us back, but if he's hurt too bad to play, it's a coach's decision to make.
Well he still had a hell of a start going 5-0. Really good numbers.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up