Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Evolution & Tastes
Addiction 03:57 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by RevSmoke:
.....I think I could also safely say that if I only had a few carefully selected brands in my humidor, I'd be happy with nothing else.

So, do we evolve to a state of satisfaction? Do we mature? Or do we simply just get lazy or bored?
I'd have to say I agree with the bold. I mean I still explore brands and have plans to explore them but its very hard for me to execute on those plans. I feel almost certain that I could smoke just the 3 brands that make up the majority of my collection about 95% of the time and be OK with it.
[Reply]
shilala 05:56 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Addiction:
I'd have to say I agree with the bold. I mean I still explore brands and have plans to explore them but its very hard for me to execute on those plans. I feel almost certain that I could smoke just the 3 brands that make up the majority of my collection about 95% of the time and be OK with it.
I agree with it, too.
My goal is to pare down my "stuff" to a reasonable and manageable series of smokes.
I have to admit that a lot of that desire is perpetuated by the fact that I like my cigars to look pretty, orderly, and "showy".
I might be goofy, but I count a well done display, drawer, or humi as a true thing of beauty. I love to see the craftsmanship showcased in a way that honors the subject matter.
Being as I think there's far more beauty in simplicity, I very much look forward to making my collection a lot more orderly than comprehensive.
The only problem I can foresee is that despite how vocal I am about all the cigars I don't like, there are LOTS that I do like. Lots that I really love, too. I could probably run 20 different marcas off the top of my head at any moment, and there's probably 20 or 30 more that I wouldn't want to be without.
Hopefully I'll tire of a lot of them and get it under a little better control. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up