Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Teacher left class & went to motel to prostitute
floydpink 07:47 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
No personal experience with this one huh?
I kid I kid.
uh, uh.......ummm...., I know someone whose friend picked up a hooker and had this happen.:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:40 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
As you pointed out, certain professions also have standards of ethics. School teachers certainly have an ethical responsibility considering the impact they have on educating our children.
In my district, we are not supposed to be seen purchasing alcohol or in bars. Upholding an image that is befitting of your company and profession is a good thing in my book. How would you feel if you saw your child's teacher staggering drunk leaving the bar getting ready to drive themself home at 3:00 a.m?

People can be terminated by many companies for not upholding a proper lifestyle image.
[Reply]
morefifemusic 10:58 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
How would you feel if you saw your child's teacher staggering drunk leaving the bar getting ready to drive themself home at 3:00 a.m?
Most of my students' parents would be too drunk to recognize me. :-)

In all seriousness, I agree with upholding certain standards of conduct, but if a teacher wants to engage in an entirely legal behavior on their off-duty hours which has no impact on their ability to perform their job duties, they should be able to without fear of repercussions. Drinking alcohol and even being drunk is not against the law. Though, being wasted at 3:00 AM may make it difficult to show up and teach at 7:30 AM. Hangover + Boisterous Students = PAIN.

My personal opinion is that it is irresponsible for a teacher to drink to the point of drunkenness. I personally choose not to drink at all as I see no benefit to it and am prone to having additions (no desire to become an alcoholic). But that is a moral matter, not one of legality.

Just my .02.

-Tyler
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 11:16 AM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
In my district, we are not supposed to be seen purchasing alcohol or in bars. Upholding an image that is befitting of your company and profession is a good thing in my book. How would you feel if you saw your child's teacher staggering drunk leaving the bar getting ready to drive themself home at 3:00 a.m?

People can be terminated by many companies for not upholding a proper lifestyle image.
2nd grade teacher
[Reply]
Starscream 04:18 PM 02-12-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
2nd grade teacher
And all this time I thought I was teaching 9th grade.:-)
[Reply]
Ace$nyper 06:29 PM 02-12-2009
HOLY POOP

my friend, had her in 11th grad and showed me her signed year book.

I'll have to ask for the pic again, but whoa.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up