Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Let it rest?
Bill86 07:42 PM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
I'm confused. Are cigars ROTT too wet or too dry?
Too wet.

But I suppose if they were in shipment for quite a while they could easily be too dry......
[Reply]
jesseboston81 08:53 PM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Too wet.

But I suppose if they were in shipment for quite a while they could easily be too dry......
They can really go either way--too wet if they were stored at a very high humidity and didn't dry out much during the trip, too dry if they were stored at "normal" conditions and did dry out. Either way, wet or dry, smokes arriving in the mail are not at the same conditions as the sticks inside your humidor that you're used to smoking, so let them rest a bit to equilibrate either way.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:04 PM 07-13-2011
Originally Posted by ysr_racer:
I'm confused. Are cigars ROTT too wet or too dry?
Since we are not at your mailbox, that's for you to decide.
[Reply]
Sherlockholms 07:58 AM 07-14-2011
All of these guys Nailed it, And I agree with them 100%. I have gotten a few sticks that were over humidified and a few that were dry. So it depends on what the seller keeps them at, how long are in transit etc.
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 03:25 PM 07-15-2011
I don't ever smoke cigars as soon as I get them as I put them in the freezer for at least a week, and then let them re-stabilize in the fridge for two days until I put them in my humidor for another resting session lasting at least a month.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up