Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Rocky Patel Autumn Collection
BHowe 10:33 PM 12-15-2008
I hated the summer collection stuff I tried. I bought 2 Renaissance & 2 Autumns a while back.

I felt the Renaissance tasted very similar to the older Nording stuff before it was changed. I enjoyed it.

The Autumn was pretty light, creamy, and boring. Good looking cigar however.

I have one more of each resting.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 07:07 AM 12-16-2008
I got half way through the thing and had to put it out. I can normally get all the way through the cigar if I don't like it, but this one i couldn't. I didn't like the taste and it just didn't keep me interested in it.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:23 AM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by BamBam:
I like it better than the September 15th collection but less than the July 27th collection. I can't wait to try one of Rocky's January 18th collections that will be released shortly after his January 17th collections.

Seriously, Rocky's are all hype and no flavor. Well, I guess you could count "bad" as a flavor. He has more cigars under his label than all the other Marca's combined. He makes up for his bad sticks by constantly producing new sticks with new hype. When in actuality it is just another bad cigar, who he hopes people will try just once out of curiosity alone.

I hate Rocky's and they are much too overpriced IMO. (if you couldn't already tell :-))

I think the ITC 10th Anni and especially the Decade are both worth the hype and money. Just my :-)

Jason
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:23 AM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by mmblz:
never even heard of them but i have to say that's just an awful name for a cigar. sounds like an over-priced fashion designer...
:-)
I think the name is fitting. It won't be long before they are out of style and on the clearance rack.
[Reply]
BamBam 04:21 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
I think the ITC 10th Anni and especially the Decade are both worth the hype and money. Just my :-)

Jason
I've only had the Decade of those 2. I paid 10 bucks for it and was very underwhelmed.

For that money hand me a PAM 64 Principe anyday

But hey I also really like Fuente Curly Heads, so to each there own right :-)
[Reply]
neoflex 08:27 PM 12-16-2008
Just sounds like another stick out of Rockys hype machine. I have said it before and will say it again, I wish he would stick to keeping his good lines consistent rather than coming out with new cr@p every other week or season in this case. CI can only blow out so much cr@p at a time.
[Reply]
BHowe 08:34 PM 12-16-2008
I personally really didn't like the ITC, but really enjoyed the Decade.

I totally agree with BamBam, I'd much rather have a Padi Ani!
[Reply]
brigey57 09:24 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Fairly mild and slightly sweet and somewhat creamy. Good morning cigar but not worth the $$$, imo.

Texan in Mexico 10:25 PM 12-16-2008
Originally Posted by BamBam:
I like it better than the September 15th collection but less than the July 27th collection. I can't wait to try one of Rocky's January 18th collections that will be released shortly after his January 17th collections.

Seriously, Rocky's are all hype and no flavor. Well, I guess you could count "bad" as a flavor. He has more cigars under his label than all the other Marca's combined. He makes up for his bad sticks by constantly producing new sticks with new hype. When in actuality it is just another bad cigar, who he hopes people will try just once out of curiosity alone.

I hate Rocky's and they are much too overpriced IMO. (if you couldn't already tell :-))
<----- Wonders what Bam Bam thinks of RP

You really made me laugh brother.

I will stand up and say I like the ī92, will probably always smoke them if for nothing other than nostalgia.

When I really started getting into different sticks several years back I swore by RP. Not anymore... Maybe the quality has dropped or I have just opened my horizons so to speak.

I picked up the Autumn last week as I was between flights in Miami - didnīt finish it. The burn was rough, in the second third it tried to be sweet and for about 2 seconds it reminded me of a CC LGC but then it gently swayed back to an unsatisfactory cardboard taste.

Not for me anymore...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up