Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone else got a snow day?
8zeros 11:50 AM 01-29-2014
I checked with the boss and she said **** **** ***** ***!!! So I'm working.
[Reply]
TFed 12:57 PM 01-29-2014
Wow! I miss snow days from when i was a kid. But living upstate businesses rarely close down.
And my wife and i are both critical care nurses so, even if its blizzard conditions with the roads closed and we just cant get out, they send trucks to bring us to work and wont let us leave until roads are re-opened.

Dang! Wish i could have a snow day💩!

But then, i just woke up and am having a Fuente Claro with green tea for breakfast and pondering what to smoke at 2am as its my night off.
So i take the whining back fellas. Enjoy!!!
[Reply]
TFed 01:00 PM 01-29-2014
Mmmmmmm. Definitely going to pair something with Bourbon tonite��
[Reply]
Heavy_d 01:21 PM 01-29-2014
All of my working years since college have been in emergency services, first as a dispatcher for city fire/police, then as a ems dispatcher and finally as a state police/911 dispatcher. I've forgotten what a snow day is.
[Reply]
benchjockey 03:01 PM 01-29-2014
As someone who has experienced many a brutal storm in the northeast, I wish all of you--and your loved ones--all the best. Just be safe.
[Reply]
bruceolee 03:11 PM 01-29-2014
We get melted snow that falls from the sky here and hospitals never close
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 04:36 PM 01-29-2014
We didn't get much last night but if we did we don't close. When I started my job I wS told the newspaper is like the post office, rain,sleet, snow, zombies...... The paper always goes out.
[Reply]
Big Perm 07:15 PM 01-29-2014
Originally Posted by stearns:
Had a couple last week. unfortunately, "snow day" means "work from home day" not "day off":-)
This, laptop = work from wherever, sucks....but at least I never have to burn time off...
[Reply]
longknocker 04:34 AM 01-30-2014
"Iced In" In Mobile For The Last 2 Days. Spent 32H At Work Covering Others Shifts, So I'm Off, Today!:-) Mobile Doesn't Do Well With Ice & Snow Since We Only Have It Every 5 Years Or So.:-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 09:01 AM 01-30-2014
Off yesterday in Charleston. First snow day ever at our office. Ever. Good call as 6 of the 7 big bridges were closed yesterday. They should have called it Ice Day. I've already had enough of this 13/14 winter season. Time for some warmer weather, pollen, and blooms. Screw this!
[Reply]
longknocker 09:21 AM 01-30-2014
Originally Posted by jjirons69:
Off yesterday in Charleston. First snow day ever at our office. Ever. Good call as 6 of the 7 big bridges were closed yesterday. They should have called it Ice Day. I've already had enough of this 13/14 winter season. Time for some warmer weather, pollen, and blooms. Screw this!
I Agree, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
AUguy 11:37 PM 01-31-2014
After checking everything on the farm Wednesday I spent my afternoon like this.

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:15 AM 02-01-2014
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
We didn't get much last night but if we did we don't close. When I started my job I wS told the newspaper is like the post office, rain,sleet, snow, zombies...... The paper always goes out.
That's funny because our mailman didn't come out on Wednesday, and neither did our paper lady. But then again, it is southern Mississippi and these people just don't know how to drive in wintry conditions.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up