Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Entertainment>Parents and Black Ops Players
Ahbroody 06:11 PM 11-20-2010
Not big on letting my boy game even with the wii.
I was an avid FPS player for many years and helped run a gaming clan and find them to be a blackhole for productivity and life. I think I let my son play his wii like once every 2 weeks. If he is bored we shot pucks or play catch.

Be careful about online play. I have heard some very creative conversation on gaming servers. :-) and have heard 10 year old kids go on fbomb rants and worse.
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 06:48 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
We should as a society limit the violence we expose children to. I don't mean make laws about it, but parents should recognize the imagery and how it develops the mind and morality.

Think of the simple games we had as children, the games our grandparents had as children; they got by fine.
Unfortunately, a multitude of parents are more negligent than many people realize. I work with these children on a daily basis, including a 7th grader that idolizes Snookie.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:01 AM 11-21-2010
You can select at the beginning of the campaign mission to leave out the graphic scenes and harsh language. This washes most of it out.

ONLINE play is a different story. There is a lot of very harsh language and trash talking on there. Really harsh stuff like when he goes on there and says something as innocent as "hey guys whats going on", some asshat on there will say something like "oh I just got done banging your mom" or something equally as creative. Campaign single player is not so bad....the online play is where the harm could be done.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up