Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>CC VS. NC Win?
rennD 08:29 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
The 2 Escencia robustos I smoked this weekend blew away everything else I smoked.
hhmmmmm......tempting
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:31 AM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by rennD:
hhmmmmm......tempting

Same here. I can't remember if I have had one or not:-) I will try to find some now.
[Reply]
srduggins 01:20 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
You smoked a T52 with very little flavor?! I LOVE those cigars and think they have quite the complex flavor....I'm thinking you got a hold of some counterfeit T52s. I must ask....was 'Liga Privada' written in cursive or plain text on the band? :-)
Really? there are fake ones out there? It came from another brother and I don't recall what style of writing was on the band. Had a similar problem with my 1st LP #9 too, but subsequent ones have been excellent. I'll try another one tonight to see if it's just me, or if I got a dud.
[Reply]
elderboy02 01:31 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
The 2 Escencia robustos I smoked this weekend blew away everything else I smoked.
Esencia's rock. I love those darn things :-)
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 02:20 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by srduggins:
Really? there are fake ones out there? It came from another brother and I don't recall what style of writing was on the band. Had a similar problem with my 1st LP #9 too, but subsequent ones have been excellent. I'll try another one tonight to see if it's just me, or if I got a dud.
I was kidding...thought it'd be kinda funny to talk about couterfeit Drew Estate product in a thread with Cuban product. Damn...my jokes fail. haha :-)
[Reply]
T.G 02:37 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
It's better not to compare...just enjoy what you smoke.
I couldn't agree with you more Bao.
[Reply]
srduggins 03:53 PM 11-15-2010
Originally Posted by auburnfan1980:
I was kidding...thought it'd be kinda funny to talk about couterfeit Drew Estate product in a thread with Cuban product. Damn...my jokes fail. haha :-)
Guess I forgot my sarcafont, but this was even funnier.
[Reply]
jimmyk26 07:53 PM 11-16-2010
Just finished a Punch Churchill (2000) and a Davidoff Maduro Robusto...the winner is...the Davidoff. These Maduro Robustos are possibly the best Maduro Robusto I've ever had.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:50 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by jimmyk26:
These Maduro Robustos are possibly the best Maduro Robusto I've ever had.
I keep eyeing these, but cannot get myself to pull the trigger..... Comments like these make me wonder what I am waiting for.... Putting a 5er in my cart at Holts and seeing $85 reminds me....:-)
[Reply]
jimmyk26 08:53 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I keep eyeing these, but cannot get myself to pull the trigger..... Comments like these make me wonder what I am waiting for.... Putting a 5er in my cart at Holts and seeing $85 reminds me....:-)
They really are that good. As with all davidoffs the price is hard to stomach, but of the whole product line these are definitely worth it.
[Reply]
auburnfan1980 07:52 AM 11-17-2010
Originally Posted by srduggins:
Guess I forgot my sarcafont, but this was even funnier.
:-) sarcafont. love it. I feel like an idiot now. haha
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 04:29 PM 11-17-2010
It all comes down to the smoking setting and mood. I have had some CCs that I have liked way more than NCs, and then I have had NCs that have blown CCs out of the way. Personally, I enjoy smoking both. They are both very different, and it just does not seem fair to me to compare the both. It would be like comparing white and red wine. They are both wines, different tastewise (at least to me), but yet both quite enjoyable.
[Reply]
Superbad 09:01 PM 11-20-2010
I smoked a Fonseca Cosacos from 01 or 98 not 100% on the date. I am currently following it with a tatuaje petite cazadores reserva. I am about halfway through the tat now. So far the Fonseca spanked it. These sticks are about the same size, and both fairly similar in price. I had to shift gears as I was exhaling the fonseca out my nose most of the time, and enjoying the floral and mint tea-esq flavors. Burned the heck out of my nose on the first nasal exhale of the tat. I can only pass a tiny amount of smoke from the tat before it gets to be too much. I am getting some decent cocoa flavors, but nothing as crisp and clean as the fonseca. Gonna give the win to the cosacos.
[Reply]
akumushi 11:52 PM 11-22-2010
99 Punch Coronas Vs Liga Privada No. 9 Belicoso. First smoke after fending off a cold and my tastes were a little off. The Punch was typical wonder years; good flavor when you could get some smoke but otherwise a complete tentpole. I chucked it and lit up the LP instead. The LP was good, not great, but smooth with earthy/herbal flavors and spotless construction. Had the Punch been drawing better I would have stuck with it and liked it better, but sometimes you're just not in the mood to fight with a cigar, so I guess I'd call it LP by a technicality:-)
[Reply]
akumushi 02:01 AM 11-25-2010
Fuente Anejo No. 48 Vs. 08 H. Upmann Coronas Major Tubo. The Anejo was a good, strong-coffee flavored, full bodied NC smoke but that still doesn't compare to a CC when it's On for me, and that little H. Upmann was ON. Tonight it was CC by a landslide. I'm defininately considering a box of these with the price they command; great woody/spicy flavors and smooth as silk.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up